ROCHESTER – Senior Emily Izydorczak's eighth-place finish led the St. Bonaventure women's cross country team to a fourth-place standing out of 18 squads in the Harry Anderson Invitational Saturday morning at Roberts Wesleyan College.
Izydorczak ran the 5K course in a time of 19:02 to pace the team, crossing the finish line eighth out of 243 competitors.
Sydney Beeman put in another strong effort as well, running a personal record time of 19:34.5, eclipsing her previous best by over 30 seconds – a time that was run at this same event a year ago. She was 24th overall in the finishing order.
Freshman Theresa Dristle was third in line for the Brown and White, also with a PR time. She crossed the stripe in 30th place with a mark of 19:43.8, just ahead of sophomore teammate Samantha Henry who was 34th at 19:53.3.
Another first-year runner, Amberlee Robertson broke the 20-minute mark for the first time in her collegiate career as she finished in 19:55.5 for a 38th-place finish, also in the scoring for her team.
Sophomore Natalie Cummings (20:09.2) and junior Christine Walsh (20:11.8) we also in the team's top seven with Cummings running her PR time as a Bonnie, besting her effort in this event last year of 20:32.
Freshman Morgan Evarts just barely missed a team top-seven finish, crossing the line less than a second behind Walsh as she turned in a time of 20:12.5.
The Bonnies are back in action Oct. 6 for the Race in the Park in Erie, Pa.
8. Emily Izydorczak – 19:02.0
24. Sydney Beeman – 19:34.5 (personal record)
30. Theresa Dristle – 19:43.8 (personal record)
34. Samantha Henry – 19:53.3
38. Amberlee Robertson – 19:55.5 (personal record)
48. Natalie Cummings – 20:09.2 (personal record)
49. Christine Walsh – 20:11.8
50. Morgan Evarts – 20:12.5 (personal record)
61. Lindsey Lytle – 20:21.5
86. Morgan Brady – 20:47.6
87. Stephanie Barry – 20:47.7
97. Kristin Reynolds – 21:03.2
98. Emily Holstein – 21:03.9 (personal record)
102. Carly Olles – 21:09.9 (personal record)
107. Jenna Cherry – 21:14.7 (personal record)
108. Tristen Reid – 21:14.9 (personal record)
136. Meaghan Ralph – 22:00.0 (personal record)
206. Ania Rzepka – 24:58.8
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get cross country and track updates @BonniesXCTrack. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.