LEWISBURG, Pa. – The St. Bonaventure women's track team was finally able to get back to competition Saturday afternoon at the Bucknell Team Challenge after being sidelined due to Mother Nature in recent weeks.
Junior Rachel Guyer made the most of the return to racing as she posted a program record time in the 800 meters, clocking in at 2:27.11. Her time was easily better than her previous personal best of 2:29.26, a mark that was best in program history, set in the first meet of the season at California (PA) University.
Freshman Sydney Beeman also beat what was previously the program record with her mark of 2:29.10. In all, six Bonnies recorded their personal best times in the 800 meters.
The Bonnies will be back in action Monday afternoon at the Alfred Invitational.
14. Rachel Guyer – 2:27.11 (program record)
18. Sydney Beeman – 2:29.10 (personal record)
19. Natalie Cummings – 2:29.78 (personal record)
24. Emily Izydorczak – 2:34.95
25. Stephanie Barry – 2:35.97 (personal record)
26. Jenna Cherry – 2:44.03
27. Megan Jennings – 2:47.19 (personal record)
28. Samantha Burgio – 2:49.76 (personal record)
29. Kristin Reynolds – 2:57.78
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get cross country and track updates @BonniesXCTrack. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.