ORLANDO, Fla. – The St. Bonaventure University women's tennis team fell to Saint Louis, 4-1, in the first round of the Atlantic 10 Tournament at the USTA National Campus Wednesday afternoon.
Buse Gunay got the Bonnies on the board with a straight set victory, 6-0, 6-1, over Nawal Cheema at No. 6 singles.
Andrea Roque and Sofia Franco battled until the end, falling 6-4 to the team of Elizabeth Mintusova and Mariona Perez as Saint Louis clinched the doubles point. The Billikens scored a 6-2 victory at No. 2 doubles help secure the first point of the match.
The Brown and White end their season with an overall record of 5-8.
Saint Louis 4, St. Bonaventure 1
1. Elizabeth Mintusova (SLU) def. Sofia Franco (SBU) 4-6, 6-2, 6-1
2. Mariona Perez (SLU) def. Anastasia Gubanova (SBU) 6-1, 6-1
3. Amelia Haley (SBU) vs. Jessica Stefan (SLU) 6-4, 2-6, 2-4 unfinished
4. Mya Spencer (SLU) def. Andrea Roque (SBU) 6-3, 6-3
5. Emily Stanley (SBU) vs. Anna Derecka (SLU) 7-5, 6-6 unfinished
6. Buse Gunay (SBU) def. Nawal Cheema (SLU) 6-0, 6-1
1. Elizabeth Mintusova/Mariona Perez (SLU) def. Sofia Franco/Andrea Roque (SBU) 6-4
2. Jessica Stefan/Mya Spencer (SLU) def. Paula Velilla/Emily Stanley (SBU) 6-2
3. Anastasia Gubanova/Amelia Haley (SBU) def. Nawal Cheema/Anna Derecka (SLU) 6-3
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get tennis updates @BonniesTennis. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.