OLEAN, N.Y. – Paula Velilla won her singles match at the No. 6 flight, but the St. Bonaventure University women's tennis team dropped a 6-1 decision to Duquesne Saturday morning at the SBU Fitness Center.
Velilla took down Tyra Abdalla in straight sets, 6-2, 6-2, for the lone Bona win on the day.
The Bonnies are back in action Sunday, March 31 at 2:00 p.m. when they host Niagara at the SBU Fitness Center.
Duquesne 6, St. Bonaventure 1
1. Julianne Herman (DUQW) def. Penelope Abreu (SBUW) 6-1, 6-0
2. Maddy Adams (DUQW) def. Andrea Roque (SBUW) 6-4, 6-3
3. Aishwarya Kona (DUQW) def. Kahlei Reisinger (SBUW) 6-3, 6-4
4. Priyanka Mitta (DUQW) def. Buse Gunay (SBUW) 6-3, 6-4
5. Margot Pessy (DUQW) def. Emily Stanley (SBUW) 6-1, 6-0
6. Paula Velilla (SBUW) def. Tyra Abdalla (DUQW) 6-2, 6-2
1. Julianne Herman/Meredith Lee (DUQW) def. Penelope Abreu/Andrea Roque (SBUW) 6-2
2. Priyanka Mitta/Margot Pessy (DUQW) def. Kahlei Reisinger/Emily Stanley (SBUW) 6-3
3. Laurel Shymansky/Maddy Adams (DUQW) def. Buse Gunay/Paula Velilla (SBUW) 6-3