ANNAPOLIS, MD – Freshman Penelope Abreu grabbed a win at No. 1 singles, but the St. Bonaventure University women's tennis team dropped its match against Navy, 6-1, Saturday on the road.
Abreu battled back after losing in a first set tiebreak, 6-7 (8), to win the second set, 6-4, ultimately securing the win in a third set tiebreaker, 10-8.
The Bonnies will make their home debut Friday, Jan. 25 at the St. Bonaventure Fitness Center against Akron. Play is slated to begin at 10:00 a.m.
Navy 6, St. Bonaventure 1
1. Penelope Abreu (SBUW) def. Deng, Miranda (NAVY) 6-7 (8-10), 6-4, 1-0 (10-8)
2. Cyr, Amanda (NAVY) def. Kahlei Reisinger (SBUW) 6-2, 6-1
3. Klopfer, Annalise (NAVY) def. Andrea Roque (SBUW) 6-0, 6-0
4. Komarraju, Meghana (NAVY) def. Buse Gunay (SBUW) 6-1, 6-1
5. Moore, Kacey (NAVY) def. Paula Velilla (SBUW) 6-1, 6-0
6. Corpuz, Katreina (NAVY) def. Emily Stanley (SBUW) 6-0, 6-4
1. Rico, Catalina/Cyr, Amanda (NAVY) def. Penelope Abreu/Andrea Roque (SBUW) 6-3
2. Dervishian, Aimee/Kahatapitiya, Danika (NAVY) def. Kahlei Reisinger/Emily Stanley (SBUW) 6-4
3. Hodge, Kaylah/Deng, Miranda (NAVY) def. Buse Gunay/Paula Velilla (SBUW) 6-1
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get tennis updates @BonniesTennis. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.