Posted: Mar 25, 2017
The St. Bonaventure University men's and women's tennis teams travel to take on the Niagara Purple Eagles on Sunday with the day's action beginning at 12:00 p.m.
- The women's tennis team heads into the match with a 2-11 record.
- Stella Peisakhova and Shannon Wong lead the Niagara women's tennis team with three wins at No. 1 and No. 2 singles.
- The pair of Peisakhova and Sharlee Deshmukh are 1-0 at No. 1 doubles and 3-4 overall.
- The men's tennis team comes into the match on Sunday with a 4-11 record.
- The men are led by Francis Nadeau, who is 4-4 at No. 3 singles.
- The pair of Felipe Fuentes and Josh Wilson are 7-6 overall in doubles.
- The men's team defeated Merychurst, 5-4, and the women's team was defeated by Merychurst, 8-1.
BONNIES NEWS AND NOTES
- Both Bonnies' tennis teams are coming off losses to Mercyhurst this week.
- Gabriella Bowe, Dominique Mortier and Lauren Doversola all picked up singles wins in their respective matches against Mercyhurst on Wednesday.
- Mara Martinez-Santori and Bowe defeated their opponents at No. 1 doubles in a thrilling match.
- Clara Herberts picked up a singles win at the No. 3 spot against UW Milwaukee.
- Kahlei Reisinger and Clara Herberts earned a doubles win at the No. 2 spot against UW Milwaukee.
- The St. Bonaventure men's tennis team saw singles wins from Indra Patwardhan and Lukas Linden Malmberg. The duo also teamed up and won the No. 2 doubles match.
- The win gave Patwardhan nine singles wins this spring, tying him with Hector Martinez for second most on the team.
- Prior to the match against Mercyhurst, Victor Blanco, Martinez and Malmberg all picked up singles wins in their respective matches against Duquesne.