SAT., MARCH 4- ST.BONAVENTURE AT ARMY WEST POINT: 4:30 P.M.
SUN., MARCH 5- ST. BONAVENTURE VS. FORDHAM: 10:00 A.M.
SAT. MARCH 4- ST. BONAVENTURE AT CLEVELAND STATE: 2:00 P.M.
The St. Bonaventure University tennis teams will both be on the road this weekend, with the men's tennis team traveling to Army West Point for a pair of matches Saturday and Sunday, while the women's tennis team heads to Cleveland State on Saturday.
ABOUT ARMY WEST POINT
- The Army West Point men's tennis team enters the weekend with a 7-6 overall record, winning both matches last weekend.
- The Black Knights are on a four-game winning streak, having defeated Air Force (2/19), Bryant (2/25), Stony Brook (2/26) and NJIT (2/26). During the win streak, no opponent has worked more than one point scored.
- In the most recent match against NJIT, the doubles pairs of Grant Riechmann and Michael Nguyen (No. 1), and Sam Lampman and Gregory Shannon (No. 2) earned wins in their doubles matches to secure the doubles point.
- Nguyen also captured a win in No. 1 singles, Riechmann came out on top in No. 3 singles and Mundra won in No. 6 singles in complete matches for the team victory.
- Army West Point will take on Fordham on Saturday morning at 11:30 a.m.
- The Fordham men's tennis team comes into the weekend with a 7-3 record, with a 1-2 mark in Atlantic 10 matches.
- The Rams have won two of their last three matches, capturing wins against Wagner (2/19) and Hofstra (2/26) with a loss to A-10 rival Saint Louis in between (2/25).
- Victor Li has played in multiple positions for the Rams, but leads the team with eight singles wins. Nick Borak, Joseph Kavaloski and Fabian Mauritzson have all earned six wins in singles action.
- Borak and Kavaloski have both captured wins in their last five singles matches.
ABOUT CLEVELAND STATE
- The Cleveland State women's tennis team welcomes the Bonnies with a 3-7 record.
- The Vikings won three straight games from Feb. 3-11, but have lost their last three matches.
- Two of their last three losses came via scores of 7-0 (at DePaul on 2/18 and at Akron on 2/25).
- Victoria Bensimon leads the team with six wins so far this spring while Princess Gbadamosi and Jana Schober have both won four.
BONNIES NEWS AND NOTES
- The men's tennis team is coming off a win over Wright State on Wednesday, 4-3.
- Victor Blanco, Hector Martinez and Indra Patwardhan all came away with wins in singles while the doubles pairs of Blanco and Martinez (No. 1) and Patwardhan and Lukas Linden Malmberg (No. 2) helped the Bonnies capture the doubles point.
- Patwardhan leads the team with seven singles wins so far this spring.
- The women's tennis team is in search of their fourth win this spring, most recently falling to Wright State on Wednesday.
- Clara Herberts earned the lone Bona win, defeating her No. 3 singles opponent, 7-6, 6-2.
- Herberts and Dominique Mortier have both captured four wins apiece so far this spring to lead the Bonnies.