OLEAN, N.Y. - A combined effort by the women's tennis team led the Bonnies to a victory against Slippery Rock, 5-2, on Saturday at the St. Bonaventure Fitness Center.
Mara Martinez-Santori, Gabriella Bowe, Mariam Skhirtladze, and Lauren Doversola defeated their respective opponents to gain four points for the Bonnies. Martinez-Santori, Skhirtladze, and Doversola each played two sets, while Doversola earned her win in three.
The Bonnies earned their fifth point with a sweep in doubles action. Skhirtladze and Doversola teamed to defeat Slippery Rock's Amanda Bruscmi and Stephanie Fortier, 6-1.
The Bonnies improve to 2-2 at home and 2-6 overall. Up next, St. Bonaventure will face Bucknell on Sunday.
1. Martinez-Santori (SBU) def. Corrochano (SRU) - 6-3, 6-3
2. Bowe (SBU) def. Barbano (SRU) - 6-3, 2-6, 6-0
3. Skhirtladze (SBU) def. Kollah (SRU) - 6-2, 6-3
4. Bruscmi (SRU) def. Mortier (SBU) - 4-6, 7-5, 10-7
5. Doversola (SBU) def. Fortier (SRU) - 6-1, 7-5
6. Welch (SRU) def. Chin (SBU) - 2-6, 6-1, 10-3
1. Martinez-Santori/Bowe (SBU) def. Corrochano/Barbano (SRU) - 6-3
2. Skhirtladze/Doversola (SBU) def. Bruscmi/Fortier (SRU) - 6-1
3. Chin/Mortier (SBU) def. Kollah/Woodman (SRU) - 6-3
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get tennis updates @BonniesTennis. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.