Final Score: Penn State 7 - St. Bonaventure 0
Location: Sarni Tennis Center | Unversity Park, Pa.
Records: St. Bonaventure 5-11 | Penn State 9-9
The Short Story:
The St. Bonaventure women's tennis team fell to the No. 47 Penn State Nittany Lions on Saturday, April 4, by a score of 7-0.
In singles play, all members of the Bonnies would go down in straight sets. Sophomore Mara Martinez-Santori had the best outing for the Brown and White as she kept pace with her opponent, but fell 6-3, 6-4.
St. Bonaventure went on to be defeated in doubles play, as well. The duo of Marisa Brossard and Martinez-Santori fell to Penn State's Kisialeva and Sapogova, 8-4.
Singles Results: (Order of Finish: 1, 2, 4, 3, 6, 5)
1) Kisialeva def. Fatya Amiri (SB) 6-2, 6-1
2) Sapogova def. Marisa Brossard (SB) 6-1, 6-3
3) Zuhse def. Mara Martinez-Santori. (SB) 6-3, 6-4
4) Shukow def. Mariam Skhirtladze (SB) 6-1, 6-2
5) Whiteaway def. Dominique Mortier (SB) 6-1, 6-4
6) Mengel def. Lauren Doversola (SB) 6-0, 6-0
Doubles Results: (Order of Finish: 2, 1)
1) Kisialeva/Sapogova def. Brossard/Martinez-Santori (SB) 8-4
2) Zuhse/Whiteaway def. Fatya Amiri/Dominique Mortier (SB) 8-0
3) McCluskey/Shukow vs. Mariam Skhirtladze/Lauren Doversola (SB) 6-5 (unfinished)
The Bonnies will head to the City of Brotherly Love to wrap up their regular season schedule with matches against La Salle on Saturday, April 11 and versus Saint Joseph's on Sunday, April 12.