ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. – The St. Bonaventure University women's swimming and diving team finished day one of its meet against Central Connecticut ahead, 100-86, at the Reilly Center Pool.
The Bonnies got off on the right foot in the evening's action as the relay team of Bridget Jordan, Maggie Woods, Rachel Taylor and Samantha Kuchinski earned a first-place finish in the 200-free relay with a time of 1:39.56.
SBU continued its success on the diving board, claiming the top two spots in the one-meter dive. Brittany Hart earned the win with Elena Rohr finished second. Izzy Aguilera also scored, finishing fourth.
St. Bonaventure's next win came in the 100-backstroke as Devon McFadden earned the victory with a time of 58.42. McFadden wasn't finished, as she also earned the victory in the 200-IM.
The final Bona win came from Samantha Kuchinski, who sprinted her way to victory in the 50-freestyle.
The meet will continue with the final nine events at 11:00 a.m. on Saturday. Three-meter diving will take place at 9:00 a.m.
1. Bridget Jordan, Maggie Woods, Rachel Taylor, Samantha Kuchinski – 1:39.56
3. Brooke Morrisseau, Katherine Craig, Ava Bianchi, Emily Quinn -- 1:44.12
4. Taylor Hodges, Emily Wulff, Frances Erney, Erin Carmody -- 1:47.58
1. Devon McFadden -- 58.42
4. Theresa Hutton -- 59.46
5. Tayler Gnan -- 1:01.23
9. Erin Carmody -- 1:02.46
11. Brooke Morrisseau -- 1:03.60
12. Frances Erney -- 1:06.45
13. Taylor Hodges – 1:08.27
400-YARD MEDLEY RELAY
2. Devon McFadden, Maria Rocchi, Bridget Jordan, Kathryn Godlewski -- 3:56.31
4. Theresa Hutton, Emily Wulff, Emily Quinn, Maggie Woods -- 4:11.93
5. Erin Carmody, Tayler Gnan, Katherine Craig, Taylor Hodges -- 4:21.35