Box Score (PDF)
ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. – Five players in double figures led by Asianae Johnson's 20-point effort gave the St. Bonaventure University women's basketball team a 71-63 win over Davidson Monday night at the Reilly Center.
The victory was the Bonnies second win over the Wildcats in as many days due to shuffling of the Atlantic 10 schedule.
Johnson scored 12 of her 20 points from the free throw line, finishing 12-for-15 from the charity stripe. Also scoring in double figures for the Bonnies were I'yanna Lops (13), Tori Harris (12), Deja Francis (11) and Jurnee President (11).
Suzi-Rose Deegan's three with 3:58 remaining in the fourth capped off an 11-0 Davidson run, tying the game at 52-52.
Harris, however, had other plans as she came down the court and knocked down a three-pointer, giving the Bonnies back the lead.
Johnson drove the lane with just over two minutes to play and converted, pushing the Bona lead to six, 60-54.
President's three with 1:18 to play in the contest, gave the Bonnies a 65-55 lead and put the game out of reach for the Wildcats.
Davidson led or 19:44 of the first half and took a four-point lead to halftime.
The Bonnies (4-10, 3-8 A-10) came out of the halftime locker room firing on all cylinders as Lops and Harris combined for eight out of the first 10 St. Bonaventure points in the first three minutes of the third.
President's layup with 5:28 left in the third gave the Bonnies their first lead of the game, 34-33.
Just a few moments later, Harris was left with enough space on the left wing and she nailed a three-pointer to give Bona a four-point edge and forced Davidson to take a timeout.
The Bonnies continued to grow their lead early in the fourth quarter when Johnson made a basket and was fouled. She would convert at the free throw line, giving the Bonnies their biggest lead of the day, 50-39.
Davidson (6-9, 3-5 A-10) jumped out to a 10-point, 17-7, lead just over 20 seconds into the second quarter. The Bonnies, however, were able to halt the Wildcats momentum and brought the game within, 26-22, heading into the break
Chloe Welch tallied a game-high 23 points to lead Davidson.
The Bonnies hit the road for a pair of games this weekend. Bona travels to Fairfax, Va. to take on George Mason Friday, Feb. 12 at 6:00 p.m. The Bonnies then battle George Washington Sunday, Feb. 14 at 12:00 p.m.
- The Bonnies finished the contest shooting 52.0 percent (26-for-50) from the floor while Davidson finished at 36.7 percent (22-for-60).
- I'yanna Lops, Tori Harris and Deja Francis each grabbed seven rebounds on the evening. As a team, the Bonnies outrebounded Davidson, 34-29.
- Asianae Johnson drew eight fouls, leading to her 15 free throw attempts on the night.
- The Bonnies had five players score in double figures for the first time since Nov. 13, 2018 in a triple overtime game vs. Canisius.
- The Bonnies defeated Davidson 71-58 Sunday afternoon.
- Asianae Johnson was named Atlantic 10 Player of the Week honors Monday afternoon after scoring 18 points against the Wildcats in Sunday's contest.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.