ST. BONAVENTURE (5-16, 2-6 A-10) vs. RICHMOND (9-12, 2-5 A-10)
Sunday, Feb. 2 – 1:00 p.m.
Robins Center – Richmond, Va.
Online Coverage – Live Stats | Live Video | Live Audio
Radio: WGWE 105.9 FM
The St. Bonaventure University women's basketball team wraps up a two-game road trip with a matchup against Richmond Sunday, Feb. 2. Tip is scheduled for 1:00 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT
The Bonnies fell to Duquesne Thursday evening on the road, 58-39. Deja Francis led the Bonnies with 11 points and hauled in five rebounds. Emily Calabrese grabbed a team-high eight rebounds against the Dukes. Duquesne held the Bonnies to just 14-for-55 (25.2 percent) shooting from the floor.
• Aaron Roussell is in his first season at the helm of the Richmond women's basketball program after spending the past seven seasons at Bucknell. Roussell led the Bison to four straight 22-win seasons before moving to Richmond. He touts a career coaching record of 321-134 in over 15 years as a head coach.
• The Spiders enter Sunday's contest with an overall record of 9-12 and are currently 2-5 in Atlantic 10 play. Richmond most recently fell to UMass on Jan. 29, 64-50, but were winners of two straight before that. The Spiders have wins over La Salle and Davidson this season in A-10 play. Richmond began its 2019-20 campaign winning four out of five games.
• Jaide Hinds-Clarke leads the Spiders in scoring and rebounding this season, scoring an average of 10.9 points and grabs 5.4 rebounds per game. Also averaging double figures for Richmond is Kate Klimkiewicz (10.7 ppg) and Claire Holt (10.0 ppg). As a team, the Spiders are averaging 62.0 points per contest and are shooting 39.2 percent from the field.
The Bonnies and the Spiders meet for 23rd time Sunday afternoon. Richmond holds a 14-8 edge in the all-time series between the two schools. Richmond has won three straight meetings with the Bonnies last victory over the Spiders coming Jan. 31, 2016 when the Brown and White came out on top, 66-43, at the Reilly Center. The Bonnies last won at the Robins Center in 2014, 53-48.
• Asianae Johnson scored a career-high 21 points against Rhode Island and made her 50th consecutive start for the Bonnies. Johnson has scored in double figures 14 times this season and 25 times in her career.
• The Bonnies have five or more steals in 15 games this season.
• Bonaventure has attempted 15 or more free throws in seven games this year. They attempted a season-high 19 against Saint Joseph's on Jan. 22.
AT THE CHARITY STRIPE
The Bonnies have been much improved from the free-throw line this season, shooting 78.0 percent. That mark leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 10th in the NCAA as of Feb. 1. Last season, the Bonnies shot 68.1 percent from the line as a team. The Bonnies are shooting 79.5 percent from the line in Atlantic 10 games.
Contributing to the Bonnies success at the line this season is sophomore Asianae Johnson, who is sixth in the A-10 with a 77.9 free throw percentage. During the 2018-19 season, Johnson shot 66.4 percent from the line.
BY THE NUMBERS
4 – Dajah Logan's 20 points against George Mason Jan. 12 was the fourth 20-point game of the season for her. She has scored in double figures eight times this year.
5.6 – Emily Calabrese leads the Bonnies by grabbing an average of 5.6 rebounds per game. She paces the team with 118 rebounds this year.
14.0 – The Bonnies average 14.0 turnovers per game, the third-lowest mark in the Atlantic 10 and ranks 50th in the NCAA.
78.0 – The Bonnies sit atop the Atlantic 10 and rank 10th in the NCAA in free throw percentage this season. On the year, the Brown and White are shooting 78.0 percent from the charity stripe, a 12 percent increase from last season.
135 – The Bonnies have made 135 threes this season. Bonaventure is averaging 6.6 made threes per game.
The Bonnies announced their annual pink game for Sunday, Feb. 9 against Davidson. Tip is slated for 12:00 p.m.
All cancer survivors will receive a free admission and a free Pink Game T-shirt. Family members of survivors can purchase tickets for $3. Pink game shirts and raffle tickets to have a chance to win over $1,500 in prizes are available for $10 at tinyurl.com/PinkGame2020 or at the arena on game day.
Other events and fundraisers will take place throughout the game to celebrate survival, bring awareness, and raise money for local cancer care.
All proceeds from the Feb. 9 pink game benefit The Pink Pumpkin Project and Olean General Hospital.
The Bonnies wrap up a two-game road trip with a visit to Richmond Sunday, Feb. 2. Tipoff against the Spiders is set for 1:00 p.m.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.