ST. LOUIS – The St. Bonaventure University women's basketball team fell to Saint Louis, 72-51, Wednesday evening at Chaifetz Arena.
Bona was down just six at halftime, but the third quarter proved to be its undoing.
Saint Louis (10-7, 2-2 Atlantic 10) outscored the Bonnies 18-10 in the third quarter to pull away, holding a 52-38 edge heading into the final period.
From there, the Billikens would put the game on ice, growing their lead to as many as 24 in the fourth quarter. Saint Louis held the Bonnies to 20 percent shooting from the floor in the fourth period.
The Billikens came out of the gate making five of their first six shots to take an early 13-8 lead midway through the first quarter.
The Bonnies (4-13, 1-3 Atlantic 10) traded blows with Saint Louis throughout the first period and trailed by three after one, 19-16, despite the Billikens shooting 63.6 percent from the floor and a perfect 4-for-4 from beyond the arc.
The Saint Louis lead grew to as many as 10 at the 4:41 mark of the second quarter, thanks to an 11-4 run to open the quarter.
The Bonnies, however, battled back and Logan's three with 45 seconds remaining in the half brought the visitors back within six, 34-28, heading into halftime.
Myia Clark scored a game-high 24 points for the Billikens.
The Bonnies are back in action Sunday, Jan. 19 on the road at La Salle. Tip is scheduled for 3:00 p.m. and the game can be seen nationally on NBC Sports Network.
- St. Bonaventure starters – Asianae Johnson, Olivia Brown, Emily Calabrese, Dajah Logan and Jurnee President.
- The Bonnies shot 32.1 percent (18-for-56) from the floor and 29.4 percent (5-for17) from beyond the arc.
- Dajah Logan led the Bonnies on the boards, hauling in a team high five rebounds.
- Emily Calabrese scored eight out of 10 points for the Bonnies in the third quarter.
- The Bonnies forced 16 Billiken turnovers and outscored Saint Louis 22-10 in points off turnovers.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.