ST. BONAVENTURE (3-12, 0-2 A-10) vs. GEORGE MASON (7-8, 1-1 A-10)
Sunday, Jan. 12 – 1:00 p.m.
Reilly Center – St. Bonaventure, N.Y.
Online Coverage – Live Stats | Live Video | Live Audio
Radio: WGWE 105.9 FM
The St. Bonaventure University women's basketball team closes out a two-game homestand Sunday afternoon when Atlantic 10 foe George Mason visits the Reilly Center. Tip is slated for 1:00 p.m.
LAST TIME OUT
The Bonnies fell at home to UMass Wednesday evening, 62-52. Senior Dajah Logan led the way for the Bonnies with 13 points on 4-of-10 shooting and also grabbed a team-high six rebounds. Jurnee President was also in double figures for the Bonnies, adding 11 points. The Bonnies trailed by six, 29-23, heading into halftime but the Minutewomen used a third quarter where they shot 57 percent from the floor to pull away.
ABOUT GEORGE MASON
• George Mason head coach Nyla Milleson is in her seventh season at the helm of the women's basketball program. Milleson has tallied 93 wins at George Mason and has 383 wins all-time in 20 seasons as a head coach.
• The Patriots enter Sunday's contest with an overall record of 7-8 and are 1-1 early in Atlantic 10 play. George Mason won two straight contests before falling to Dayton, 59-55, Wednesday night.
• Leading the way for the Patriots is the A-10's leading scorer, Nicole Cardano-Hillary, who is averaging 17.9 points per game. Cardano-Hillary also leads the Patriots threes made, assists and steals.
• On the boards, Jacy Bolton leads George Mason, hauling in an average of 7.1 rebounds per contest.
• Camarie Gatling ranks second in the Atlantic 10, shooting 52.8 percent from the floor on the season.
The Bonnies and the Patriots will meet for the 10th time Sunday afternoon. The Bonnies have won both meetings between the two teams last season with the Brown and White winning 64-55 at the Reilly Center and 68-57 on the road in Fairfax, Va. Bona won the first meeting between the schools back in 2013 when George Mason joined the Atlantic 10 from the Colonial Athletic Conference.
• Junior Emily Calabrese needs only 27 points to reach 500 career points for the Bonnies. Calabrese reached the 400 career rebounds plateau against Fordham on Jan. 4.
• Asianae Johnson has yet to miss a start in her young St. Bonaventure career as she has played and started in all 45 games of her career. Over those 44 games, Johnson has averaged 10.3 points and 4.4 rebounds for her career.
• Johnson has improved greatly from the charity stripe this season, ranking third in the Atlantic 10 shooting 81.1 percent through 15 games. As a freshman last season, Johnson shot 66.4 percent from the line.
AT THE CHARITY STRIPE
The Bonnies have been much improved from the free throw line this season, shooting 77.3 percent through 15 games. That mark leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks 12th in the NCAA as of Jan. 10. Last season, the Bonnies shot 68.1 percent from the line as a team.
Contributing to the Bonnies success at the line this season is sophomore Asianae Johnson, who is fifth in the A-10 with an 81.1 free throw percentage. During the 2018-19 season, Johnson shot 66.4 percent from the line.
JOHNSON TAKING OVER
Asianae Johnson has been on a tear over the last six contests for the Bonnies. In those six games, Johnson is averaging 12.5 points, 5.5 rebounds, 2.2 assists and 1.7 steals per game. The sophomore guard is shooting 48.3 percent from the floor and 79.2 percent from the free throw line while playing 28.5 minutes per game in that span.
5.7 – Amanda Oliver leads the Bonnies, hauling in 5.7 rebounds per game. Oliver has grabbed five or more rebounds in nine games this season.
10 – Olivia Brown ranks 10th in the A-10 in three-point percentage, shooting 38.2 percent from beyond the arc.
77.3 – The Bonnies sit atop the Atlantic 10 and rank 12th in the NCAA in free throw percentage this season. On the year, the Brown and White are shooting 77.3 percent from the charity stripe, an 11 percent increase from last season.
97 – The Bonnies have made 97 threes through 15 games this season. Bonaventure is averaging 6.5 made threes per game.
The Bonnies head west with a trip to Saint Louis Wednesday, Jan. 15. Tip is scheduled for 8:00 p.m. EST / 7:00 p.m. CST.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.