With three games remaining, the Bonnies could still land anywhere from sixth to 12th in the final A-10 standings with the top eight seeds hosting a first round tournament game. The last stretch begins with a Sunday trip to George Washington, a place where the Bonnies have historically always had a tough time against a tough Colonials squad.
BY THE NUMBERS - ST. BONAVENTURE AT GEORGE WASHINGTON
- 1.1 - SBU scored the win vs. URI, 62-61, Thursday following an inbound play from Deja Francis to Asianae Johnson with 1.1 seconds left for the game-winning layup as time expired.
- 2 - The Bonnies have two one-point wins in A-10 play this season - vs. Rhode Island Thursday (62-61) and at UMass Jan. 26 (64-63).
- 5 - Now with five Atlantic 10 wins, the Bonnies have their most conference victories since scoring 12 in the 2015-16 season.
- 12 - Johnson recorded her 12th game of double-figure scoring vs. URI. That's the most for a Bonnies freshman since Gabby Richmond also had 12 as a redshirt freshman in 2013-14.
- 12.1 - Mckenna Maycock ranks 15th in the A-10 at 12.1 ppg. She also is among A-10 leaders in rebounding (15th, 5.5 rpg), 3s per game (2.2, 3rd), and 3-point pct. (32.8%, 13th).
- 35.2 - Bree Paulson ranks fourth in the Atlantic 10 this year by shooting 35.2 percent from beyond the arc (31-for-88).
- 42.7 - Asianae Johnson is ninth in the A-10 this season in field goal percentage, shooting 42.7 percent from the floor this year.
- 82 - The 82 assists from freshman Deja Francis are the most by any Bona freshman since Tricia Pawling had 108 in 1994-95. Pawling is third all-time on the SBU career assists list (434).
- The two teams will meet for the 44th time in the series with GW owning a commanding 36-7 all-time series lead.
- GW won the 32 of the first 33 meetings between 1987 and 2008.
- St. Bonaventure has won five of the last nine games, however.
- The Bonnies had won five straight games over the Colonials at the Reilly Center dating to 2008 prior to last year when GW outlasted Bona, 63-56, despite the game beind tied, 46-46 with just over five minutes to play.
- It was also a close victory for GW the last time these teams met in the nation's capital, 63-57, on Feb. 15, 2017. On that night, then-sophomore Mckenna Maycock posted 11 points off the bench along with eight rebounds.
- SBU has lost 18 of 19 meetings at GW with its only win coming on Jan. 15, 2011.
- George Washington enters Sunday's contest with an overall record of 9-17 and 6-7 in the Atlantic 10. The Colonials are coming off of a 66-59 win to UMass on Feb. 20 and currently sits at ninth in the Atlantic 10 standings.
- Sophomore Neila Luma is leading the Colonials this season with an average of 10.2 points and 5.4 rebounds per game.
- Mei-Lyn Bautista, who was named to the preseason Atlantic-10 all conference second team and all-defensive team is averaging 9.2 points and 3.7 rebounds this season. As a junior, Bautista averaged 8.1 points and 4.3 assists.
- The Colonials rank 14th in the Atlantic 10 in points per game (51.2), but fourth in defense (57.5 ppg allowed).
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.