St. Bonaventure makes another trip south this week to play at Richmond on Wednesday night. With less than three weeks remaining in the Atlantic 10 regular season, each game becomes critical as the teams position for the A-10 Tournament next month.
BY THE NUMBERS - ST. BONAVENTURE AT RICHMOND
- 2 - Freshman Deja Francis ranks second among all A-10 players during conference play by averaging 4.5 assists per game.
- 11.5 - Freshman Asianae Johnson earned a spot on the Atlantic 10 Weekly Honor Roll after averaging 11.5 points and shooting 60% from the floor vs. VCU and Davidson last week.
- 12 - When St. Bonaventure won at George Mason on Jan. 10, it snapped a 12-game losing streak for the Brown and White in the state of Virginia dating to March 2014.
- 32.1 - St. Bonaventure ranks second among all Atlantic 10 teams in 3-point percentage this season at 32.1 percent. Only UMass ranks higher (34.3%).
- 34 - Redshirt junior Bree Paulson stands eighth in the A-10 this season by shooting better than 34 percent from beyond the arc this season (26-for-76).
- 38 - Graduate student Mckenna Maycock leads the Bonnies with 38 three-pointers this year and her 2.2 per game ranks third in the league this season.
- 39.8 - During Atlantic 10 play, the Bonnies are shooting 39.8% from the floor, a total that stands second in the league behind only Saint Louis (40.8%).
- 148 - St. Bonaventure has made 148 3-pointers this season, third-most in the Atlantic 10.
SERIES HISTORY - BONNIES VS RICHMOND
- The Bonnies and Spiders have met 21 times in series history.
- Richmond owns a 13-8 all-time advantage and has won the last two seasons.
- St. Bonaventure had won three of the previous four meetings prior to 2017.
- The last time the Bonnies played in Richmond, the game was delayed by a day due to wintry conditions in Virginia. When the teams finally played, the Bonnies dropped a heartbreaker at the Robins Center, 61-54, though Mckenna Maycock finished with a then-career best 12 rebounds.
- SBU's last win at the Robins Center came on Jan. 25, 2014 - a 53-48 thriller that went the way of of the Bonnies.
- Richmond will come into Wednesday's game with an overall record of 6-17 and 3-7 in the Atlantic 10 conference. The Spiders are coming off of a loss against VCU on Feb. 9. VCU's stingy defense limited Richmond to just 37 points, a season low.
- Richmond was picked to finish 10th in the Atlantic 10 preseason poll.
- Sophomore guard Alex Parson was named to the Preseason A-10 All-Conference Third Team after averaging 10.3 points per game and 2.8 rebounds in 31 games and scoring in double figures 17 times as a freshman. As a sophomore, she is averaging 10.4 points and 3.4 rebounds per game. Jaide Hinds-Clarke adds 10.3 ppg and a team-best 7.6 rebounds.
- Bona's freshman guards, both New York City natives, have made an instant impact as Asianae Johnson and Deja Francis are two of the Atlantic 10's top freshmen.
- Francis and Johnson rank second and third in scoring among all A-10 freshmen behind only Saint Louis' Ciaja Harbison.
- Deja Francis has been named to the Atlantic 10 Weekly Honor Roll five times this season, most recently on Feb. 4. For the year, she has scored in double figures 10 times including a career high of 20 points twice (vs. Siena, vs. Duquesne).
- Asianae Johnson was selected as the A-10 Rookie of the Week Nov. 19 and earned a spot on the Denver Thanksgiving Classic All-Tournament Team. She has been on the A-10 Weekly Honor Roll three times, most recently on Feb. 11.
- Johnson has reached double-figure scoring in 10 games as well, including a career high 16 points Nov. 17 vs. Hofstra.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.