St. Bonaventure will put its three-game winning streak on the line Wednesday night at home when it faces VCU, the first-place team in the Atlantic 10 standings with an 8-1 conference record. The Bonnies have improved their A-10 mark to 4-4 and currently stand eighth in the conference standings.
GAME PROMOTION: All St. Bonaventure students receive free pizza for attending Wednesday's game!
BY THE NUMBERS - ST. BONAVENTURE VS. VCU
- 3 - SBU has scored three straight wins in Atlantic 10 play for the first time since the 2016-17 season (Jan. 19-25, 2017 at UMass; home vs. Duquesne and Davidson).
- 4 - The Bonnies had four players score in double figures Sunday for just the second time this year (Danielle Migliore/Bree Paulson 10; Deja Francis 13; Mckenna Maycock 19).
- 5 - Freshman Deja Francis was named to the A-10 Weekly Honor Roll for the fifth time this season. She averaged 11.0 ppg 5.5 apg at Rhode Island and vs. George Mason.
- 5.1 - With 5.1 assists per game in conference play, Bona freshman Deja Francis ranks second among all A-10 players through eight games.
- 7 - St. Bonaventure has yet to defeat VCU in seven tries. The Rams are the only
Atlantic 10 opponent the Bonnies have never beaten.
- 21.5 - Graduate student Mckenna Maycock averaged 21.5 points per game in two wins last week at Rhode Island and vs. George Mason to earn Atlantic 10 Player of the Week.
- 23 - Mckenna Maycock's 23 3-pointers in A-10 play are second in the league behind only the 24 from Saint Louis' Jordyn Frantz – thought Frantz has played one more game.
- 47.3 - St. Bonaventure has shot 47.3 percent from the floor combined during its three-game winning streak.
- The Bonnies and Rams will meet for the eighth time in series history with VCU winning all seven previous meetings.
- VCU is the only team in the Atlantic 10 the Bonnies have never beaten. In fact, only three of the meetings have been decided by less than 10 points including last year when the Bonnies dropped a heartbreaker in overtime, 77-75, in Richmond.
- A friendly bounce that saw her corner trey attempt jump high in the air hitting the rim before falling in with 24 seconds remaining was the difference for Nyra Williams and VCU. Mariah Ruff had 30 points for the Bonnies while Mckenna Maycock had 15 points and eight rebounds. Emily Calabrese pulled down a career high 11 rebounds.
- VCU stands first in the Atlantic 10 standings after an 8-1 start to the conference season despite being picked sixth in the preseason coaches poll after finishing 11th in the final standings in 2017-18.
- Defense has been key to VCU's turnaround thus far. The Rams rank second in all of NCAA Division I by allowing just 49.4 points to opponents this year. The Rams are also second in the nation in field goal percentage defense, holding opposition to 32.0% shooting from the floor and second in three-point field goal percentage defense with opponents shooting 23.1% from beyond the arc.
- Tara Reed is the only VCU player averaging double figure scoring with 13.3 points per game while the Rams shoot over 41 percent from the floor as a team on the season.