After two wins on the road, the St. Bonaventure women's basketball team returns to the Reilly Center Sunday afternoon to finish up a season home-and-home series with George Mason. Sunday's matchup is a crucial game in the Atlantic 10 standings between a pair of teams who enter the weekend 3-4 in conference action.
BY THE NUMBERS - ST. BONAVENTURE vs. GEORGE MASON
- 2 - St. Bonaventure has scored back-to-back road wins in Atlantic 10 play, winning last Saturday at UMass (64-63) and Wednesday at Rhode Island (84-68).
- 5.0 - With 5.0 assists per game in conference play, Bona freshman Deja Francis ranks second among all A-10 players through seven games.
- 5 - Sunday's game will be the fifth meeting between the Bonnies and Patriots in the past two seasons.
- 6 - Graduate student Mckenna Maycock sank six 3-pointers in Wednesday's win at Rhode Island, the most by a Bonnies player since Mariah Ruff's eight vs. Saint Joseph's Jan. 3, 2018.
- 24 - Maycock tallied a career-high 24 points Wednesday, the most by a Bonnies player this year. She also had career highs in FGs made (9) and 3s (6).
- 32 - St. Bonaventure scored 32 points in the fourth quarter of a come-from-behind win Jan. 10 at George Mason, the second-most in any quarter in the program's history.
- 57 - The Bonnies shot 57 percent from the floor in Wednesday's win at Rhode Island, the best field goal percentage by any A-10 team this year in conference games.
- 84 - Bona's 84 points Wednesday are the team's most in regulation this season and tied for the most by any Atlantic 10 team during conference play thus far.
HOW'S THAT FOR A STAT LINE?: Bona's freshman Asianae Johnson had an outstanding stat line Wednesday at Rhode Island - she filled the stat sheet with an all-around performance of nine points, seven rebounds, five assists and three steals in just under 26 minutes of action.
- St. Bonaventure earned ts first-ever win in Fairfax, Va., in the sport of women's basketball with its win at EagleBank Arena on Jan. 10. The Bonnies had been 0-4 at Mason since the Patriots joined the A-10.
- Previous to the first meeting this year, the road team had won just once in the seven games during the series - Mason's 76-63 win at The RC last January.
- The Bonnies and Patriots met three times last season - and George Mason took all three meetings including a game in the first round of the Atlantic 10 Tournament. In that game, Mason scored an 89-79 victory behind 20 points and 19 rebounds from Natalie Butler. Mariah Ruff netted 30 points while Danielle Migliore (16 points) and Mckenna Maycock (15) each were in double-figure scoring for the Bonnies as well.
- A 32-point fourth quarter helped the Bonnies erase a 14-point second half deficit to win last month on the road. Mckenna Maycock tallied a team-best 18 points while Dajah Logan finished with 15. Asianae Johnson scored 11 of her 13 points during the fourth quarter and all of Danielle Migliore's seven points came during the fourth quarter rally.
- George Mason was selected eighth in the Atlantic 10 preseason coaches' poll after going 24-10 with an 11-5 record in Atlantic 10 play a year ago.
The Patriots have won three of their last four games, beating GW, UMass and Rhode Island before losing at Saint LouisThursday night.
- Gone is last year's Atlantic 10 Player of the Year Natalie Butler who transferred from UConn for her final season of eligibility and made a huge splash with her imposing 6-foot-5 frame. She averaged 18.7 points and led the nation in rebounding at 16.4 rpg during the regular season including a stretch of 31 consecutive double-doubles. Against the Bonnies, she averaged 21.7 ppg and 19.7 rpg in three games.
- Back is last year's A-10 Rookie of the Year Nicole Cardano-Hillary. The guard leads the A-10 at 21.0 ppg this season after finishing third in the league in scoring (17.9 ppg) last year.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.