- This will mark the 27th meeting all-time between the Bonnies and Bulls.
- The series has become a holiday season staple. The last nine meetings have taken place during the month of December.
- St. Bonaventure and Buffalo met every year from 1974-75 through 1984-85, but the series went on hiatus for seven years and then took another eight years off after one game in 1992. The teams renewed the rivalry in 2008, though, and have met every year since.
- Last year's game was a costly one for the Bonnies. SBU was down just 41-38 at halftime, but a 13-2 run in the third quarter paved the way for a 76-59 win for the Bulls. Fresh off a 23-point effort in a win over Penn State, Mckenna Maycock went down after just seven minutes with a knee injury that would cost her over a month and leave her less than 100 percent the rest of the year. Danielle Migliore was a bright spot, posting her first career double-double (15 points, 10 rebounds).
- Fresh off a run to last year's Sweet 16, the Bulls were named the MAC East preseason favorites after returning nine players from the team that won 29 games last season.
- Senior Cierra Dillard, the preseason Big 4 Player of the Year, was one of 35 players to be named to the Wade Trophy National Player of the Year watch list last month. She hasn't disappointed, leading the nation at 25.8 points per game this season. Courtney Wilkins (14.5 ppg) and Theresa Onwuka (10.8 ppg) are also scoring threats while Dillard (5.8 rpg) and Brittany Morrison (5.4 rpg) pace the Bulls on the boards.
THREE-POINT PROWESS: The Bonnies have been proficient beyond the arc this year. One season removed from setting the program record for 3s (241), the Bonnies this year lead the A-10 in 3-point percentage (35.8%) and are second in 3s made (73). Saint Louis is second in 3-point percentage at 32.9 percent and only Davidson has connected on more shots from long range, 84.