PROMOTIONS: The Bonnies will give away free 2018-19 team posters to fans arriving at Friday's game featuring the members of this year's team.
BONA VS. SIENA - SERIES HISTORY
- The Bonnies and Saints have met 21 previous times in the sport of women's basketball, but there have been long gaps in the series. The teams met in the 2015 preseason WNIT and, after skipping a season, played in Albany last year where Siena came away with a close victory. Prior to the 2015-16 season, though, the Bonnies and Saints had not met since 2006.
- St. Bonaventure has won the last three games in the Reilly Center (2004, 2006, 2015). Siena has not won inside The RC since a double overtime win, 80-75, in 2002.
- The Saints are 3-5 on the season and are looking to bounce back from a 70-66 loss at home to Florida Atlantic last Saturday in their last game action. The Saints have scored wins at Howard (86-81), at home vs. Colgate (55-53) and on a neutral floor over Wagner (74-71) in double overtime.
- Two Saints average in double-figure scoring: Sabrina Piper leads the squad at 12.6 points per game whole Maddie Sims is right behind at 12.5 ppg. Sims leads the way on the boards with 7.6 rebounds per contest. Offense has been a bit of a struggle as the Saints average 59.4 points per game and average just 4.5 three-pointers per game.
- Siena was selected to finish third in the MAAC Preseason Poll after returning four of five starters from last season's team that finished 17-14 overall and 11-7 in league.
UP NEXT: St. Bonaventure travels to Penn State to take on the Lady Lions in State College, Pa. on Sunday afternoon.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.