ST. BONAVENTURE at DENVER (3-1)
Saturday, Nov. 24 - 5:30 p.m. EST (3:30 p.m. MT)
Denver, Co. - Hamilton Gymnasium
Online Coverage - Live Stats | Live Audio (WGWE 105.9 FM) | Live Video
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
STORYLINE: St. Bonaventure makes the long trip to Denver this weekend to participate in the Denver Thanksgiving Classic hosted by the University of Denver. While there, the Bonnies will face two tough tests in Ohio and host Denver, a pair of teams that have started the season a combined 6-1 with some extremely impressive offensive numbers.
EMILY ON THE BOARDS: Sophomore Emily Calabrese enters the Denver Thanksgiving Classic on the heels of back-to-back double-digit rebounding efforts. The New Jersey native scored her first career double-double in the win last Tuesday vs. Canisius, then reached 10 rebounds for the second consecutive game Saturday vs. Hofstra. Last year, she reached double digit boards just once - 11 in an overtime contest at VCU.
- The Bobcats are undefeated on the young season after scoring wins over UNC Wilmington (95-72), Binghamton (86-49) and Eastern Kentucky (100-60) all at home.
- Ohio's offense has been prolific thus far - the Bobcats average 93.7 points per game while shooting 52.7 percent from the floor. In their three games, Ohio has shot nearly 40 percent from long range (39.5 percent) and has limited the miscues, averaging 12.7 turnovers per game. In all, the Bobcats have posted a +33 average scoring margin thus far.
- Cierra Hooks is averaging 19.0 points per game and shooting 23-for-33 from the floor while Amani Bruke (17.3 ppg) and Erica Johnson (16.3) have been outstanding offensively as well.
- Ohio finished last season 16-15 and 9-9 in the MAC, but are just a year removed from a WNIT appearance in 2017. This season, the Bobcats were selected third in the MAC East Preseason Poll.
- Denver enters the weekend at 3-1 overall following wins over UMKC (92-75), Air Force (92-6) and American (83-54) at home, going undefeated thus far on home court. The lone loss for the Pioneers came on the road at Northern Colorado (74-66).
- Denver, too, has been electric offensively - the Pioneers average 83.3 points per game and are shooting 45.9 percent from the floor through four games.
- The Pioneers were picked to finish fifth in the Summit League Preseason Poll after finishing 16-14 overall and 7-7 in the league last season.
- Sophomore guard Claire Gritt was named Preseason Summit League All-Second Team. Thus far, she's averaging 13.5 points per game, behind only junior guard Lauren Loven's 20.5 points per game.
- The Bonnies have played just two games against current members of the Summit League - both against Indiana University - Purdue University Fort Wayne (IPFW), who Bona owns a 2-0 record against.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.