No. 11 ST. BONAVENTURE at No. 6 LA SALLE
Saturday, Feb. 25 - 12:00 p.m.
Tom Gola Arena - Philadelphia, Pa.
Online Coverage - Live Stats | Live Video | Game Notes | Twitter: @BonniesWBB
Radio - WGWE FM 105.9 FM
The St. Bonaventure University women's basketball team will travel to La Salle on Saturday for the first round of the Atlantic 10 Tournament. The winner of Saturday's game will advance to Richmond to play next Friday vs. the Saint Joseph's / Rhode Island winner.
- Sophomore Mckenna Maycock finished with career highs in scoring (15 points) and assists (six) Tuesday at Duquesne. She has averaged 10.7 points and 4.0 rebounds over the last nine games. She has tallied double-figure scoring in three straight games and is looking to reach double figures in a fourth straight game for the first time in her Bonnies career.
- Junior Mariah Ruff matched her season high with five three-pointers Tuesday at Duquesne.
- Ruff's 107 assists this season rank 14th all-time in Bonaventure single season history. Her career high is 120 set last season, a total that ranks 10th in program history. Prior to last year, no Bonnies player had handed out 100 assists in a season since current assistant coach Andrea (Doneth) Mulcahy had 100 in 2007-08. Ruff's 272 career assists are nearing the program's all-time top 10 - Courtney Mattingly '03 is 10th with 300.
- The Bonnies hit a season-high eight threes Tuesday at Duquesne.
- Gabby Richmond's 35 blocks this year rank in a three-way tie for fifth in Bonnies season history along with Katie Healy's 2014-15 season and Donna Diota's 1981-82 campaign.
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Mariah Ruff has tallied double figure points in a team-high 23 games this season.
- Gabby Richmond enters Saturday with 925 career points and 628 rebounds.
- Ruff has made 29 of her last 31 free throw attempts (93.5 percent)
- Rhianna Council is averaging 19.0 minutes per game over the last seven games. She averaged 6.1 minutes over the first 20 games of the season.
- Jalisha Terry had a 23-game streak of scoring points snapped Feb. 15 at GW, but responded by the leading the Bonnies with 13 points Saturday vs. VCU. Terry led the Bonnies in scoring for the third time in her young career and her 13 points were her most since also netting 13 at Saint Louis on Jan. 11.
- St. Bonaventure has allowed 70 or more points just seven times this year, but have done so in back-to-back games.-- Mariah Ruff did not have an assist last Saturday vs. VCU, just the second game this year that the junior has not handed out at least one assist.
BONA VS. LA SALLE - SERIES HISTORY
Saturday will be the 29th meeting between the Bonnies and Explorers all-time and just the fifth time they have met two or more times in the same season. St. Bonaventure leads the all-time series, 15-13. The Bonnies had won eight straight meetings between 2008 and 2014, but the Explorers took two of three before St. Bonaventure came away with a 70-63 win in Philadelphia last year. St. Bonaventure and La Salle have met in the Atlantic 10 Tournament three previous times - St. Bonaventure won, 54-42, in 2014 at the Richmond Coliseum in the last playoff meeting and holds a 2-1 advantage in the A-10 tournament.
BONA VS. LA SALLE - A-10 TOURNAMENT HISTORY
St. Bonaventure vs. La Salle in the Atlantic 10 Tournament:
3/7/14 - St. Bonaventure 54, La Salle 42 (Richmond Coliseum - quarterfinals)
3/3/12 - St. Bonaventure 68, La Salle 53 (Hagan Arena - quarterfinals)
3/5/04 - La Salle 50, St. Bonaventure 45 (Alumni Memorial - first round)
A game-high 18 points from junior guard Mariah Ruff was not enough as the St. Bonaventure University women's basketball team fell to La Salle, 57-45, Feb. 7 evening at the Reilly Center.The Bonnies struggled to find traction offensively, shooting 28 percent from the floor and fought with La Salle's length as the Explorers posted eight blocks. Ruff was the bright spot on the offensive end, scoring in double figures for the 19th time this season. Matea Britvar brought the hosts seven rebounds and four blocks, both team highs.
ATLANTIC 10 TOURNAMENT DETAILS
The 2017 A-10 Championship will feature a new, enhanced format, with six first-round games being played on campus sites, Saturday, Feb. 25 and Sunday, Feb. 26 before heading to Richmond, Va., Friday, Mar. 3 through Sunday, Mar. 5, for the quarterfinals, semifinals and championship final games. The top two championship seeds, Dayton and GW will receive a bye, with the remainder of the field facing off in games hosted by seeds 3-8 for the first round.
FIRST ROUND | Saturday, February 25
#11 St. Bonaventure at #6 La Salle | Noon | A-10 Network
#10 George Mason at #7 Duquesne | 2:00 pm | A-10 Network
#14 Rhode Island at #3 Saint Joseph's | 2:00 pm | A-10 Network
FIRST ROUND | Sunday, February 26
#9 Richmond at #8 VCU | 1:00 pm | A-10 Network
#12 Davidson at #5 Fordham | 2:00 pm | A-10 Network
#13 Massachusetts at #4 Saint Louis | 3:00 pm | A-10 Network
QUARTERFINALS | Friday, March 3
Game: 7: #1 Dayton vs. Winner of VCU/Richmond | 11:00 AM | ASN
Game 8: Winner of Saint Louis/Massachusetts vs. Winner of Fordham/Davidson | 2:00 PM
Game 9: #2 George Washington vs. Winner of Duquesne/George Mason | 4:30 PM | ASN
Game 10: Winner of Saint Joseph's/Rhode Island vs. Winner of La Salle/St. Bonaventure | 7:00 | ASN
SEMIFINALS | Saturday, March 4
Game 11: Winner Game 7 vs. Winner Game 8 | 11:00 AM | CBSSN
Game 12: Winner Game 9 vs. Winner Game 10 | 1:30 PM | CBSSN
FINAL | Sunday, March 5
Game 13: Winner Game 11 vs. Winner Game 12 | Noon | ESPNU