-- St. Bonaventure sophomore guard Mckenna Maycock was honored as a member of the College Sports Information Directors of America (CoSIDA) Academic All-District Women's Basketball Team last week, representing District 1 (New York, Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island and Vermont). She is one of six players on the District 1 team and the only Atlantic 10 player to be recognized nationwide. An accounting major, Maycock owns a 4.0 GPA in the classroom.
-- Junior guard Mariah Ruff again landed on the Atlantic 10 Weekly Honor Roll after averaging 18.0 ppg in two games last week. She has made a great case for postseason awards, ranking 10th in the Atlantic 10 in scoring (13.8 ppg), eighth in assists (3.8 apg) and 7th in assists-to-turnover ratio (1.5).
-- Bona has made the most of its opportunities at the foul line this season, ranking second in the Atlantic 10 by shooting 74.1 percent. The Bonnies have not gotten to the line often this year, though – their 348 free throw attempts are fewest in the league (only Rhode Island, 349 and Fordham, 368 have attempted fewer than 400 free throws this season).
WHAT TO WATCH FOR
- Mariah Ruff has tallied double figure points in a team-high 20 games this season and scored 18 in each of her last two games.
- Gabby Richmond needs two more blocks to tie for third all-time in program history. She enters Wednesday's game with 81 career blocks.
- Richmond now ranks 13th among all A-10 players in rebounding (7.2 rpg), 22nd in scoring (11.8 ppg), ninth in field goal percentage (46.4%), 15th in free throw percentage (74.3%) and ninth in blocks (1.2 bpg).
- Six Bonaventure players - Gabby Richmond, Matea Britvar, Mariah Ruff, Jalisha Terry, Sarah Hart and Mckenna Maycock - have accounted for 2,334 of the 2,600 total minutes played in Atlantic 10 action (89.7 percent).
- Matea Britvar had a streak of 30 straight games with points scored snapped last Saturday vs. Saint Louis.
- St. Bonaventure used a different starting lineup last Tuesday vs. La Salle for the first time since Nov. 16 vs. Canisius, a span of 20 games. Mckenna Maycock started in place of Sarah Hart.
- The Bonnies had five blocks last Tuesday vs. La Salle, just the third time all season they've had five or more blocks in a game.
- St. Bonaventure committed only nine turnovers last Tuesday vs. La Salle, a new season low.
- The Bonnies have been able to stay in games throughout the season thanks to their strong defense. SBU has allowed 70 or more points in a game only five times and has limited opponents to 59.4 points per game, a figure that ranks fourth in the Atlantic 10. St. Bonaventure is fourth in the A-10 in field goal percentage defense (36.0 percent) and third in three-point percentage defense (28.7 percent).
BONA VS. GEORGE WASHINGTON - HISTORY
George Washington has owned the all-time series, holding a 34-7 advantage in the previous 41 meetings between the programs. GW won 32 of the first 33 games between 1987 and 2007. The Bonnies have had better luck in recent years, though, winning five of the last seven games, including a thriller last year in overtime. Winning at GW has been another matter, though, as the Colonials have taken 17 of 18 meetings all-time on their home court. Bona's only win in the nation's capital came on Jan. 15, 2011 in a 72-48 triumph.
In a season with many outstanding moments, the St. Bonaventure women's basketball team had one of its finest hours of the year by earning a 69-67 overtime victory over then-Atlantic 10 leader George Washington on Feb. 17, 2016 at the Reilly Center. Katie Healy was tremendous, posting a game-high 24 points along with five rebounds and three blocks while sophomore Mariah Ruff tallied 18 points - 12 in the second half and overtime. St. Bonaventure had to storm back from a 17-point second half deficit to earn the win, also using 18 points and six rebounds from Mariah Ruff.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.