ST. BONAVENTURE (6-10, 1-3 A-10) at SAINT LOUIS (13-3, 3-0)
Wednesday, Jan. 11 - 12:00 p.m. (EST / 11:00 a.m. CST)
St. Louis, Mo.
Online Coverage - Live Video | Live Stats | Game Notes
Radio - WGWE FM 105.9
NBC Sports will have live coverage on Wednesday of the Saint Louis vs. St. Bonaventure basketball game beginning at 12 p.m. EST on NBC Sports Network. Fans can catch all the action in high definition via NBC Sports online at NBCSports.com/Live, or through the NBC Sports app which is available on the iTunes App Store, Google Play, Windows Store, Roku Channel Store, Apple TV and Amazon Fire. Check local listings for the NBCSN channel number in your area.
OPENING TIP OVERVIEW
St. Bonaventure makes a quick turnaround, remaining on the road to face Atlantic 10 preseason favorite Saint Louis on Wednesday afternoon live on NBC Sports Network.
- After winning its first Atlantic 10 game of the year Dec. 28 vs. Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure has suffered three straight A-10 losses - all by single digits. St. Bonaventure's three A-10 setbacks have come by a combined 12 points. Speaking of the number 12, the Bonnies have not lost an A-10 game by more than 12 points since a 66-53 defeat vs. La Salle on Feb. 25, 2015.
- Junior guard Mariah Ruff is averaging 18.5 points, 4.8 assists and 3.8 rebounds in four Atlantic 10 games this season. She was named to the Atlantic 10 Weekly Honor Roll for the second time this week.
- Graduate forward Gabby Richmond is posting 15.0 points and 8.5 rebounds in A-10 play thus far.
- The Bonnies are fifth in the A-10 in defense, surrendering 59.8 points per game on the season.
- Sophomore Mckenna Maycock has led the Bonnies in rebounding the past two road games, setting new career highs in each - first with 10 rebounds Dec. 31 at George Mason before besting that with 12 boards Sunday at Richmond.
- Freshman Sarah Hart tallied her career high of 15 points last Wednesday vs. Dayton on 6-of-9 shooting from the floor. It was her first double-digit scoring effort since an 11-point performance on Nov. 13 vs. Colgate.
- Freshmen Rhianna Council and Jalisha Terry each established new career bests at Richmond - Council posted highs in points (eight) and rebounds (four) in 10 minutes off the bench while Terry hauled in a career high seven rebounds.
SERIES HISTORY – SAINT LOUIS
This marks the 12th meeting all-time between St. Bonaventure and Saint Louis with the Bonnies owning an 8-3 advantage. Bona has won six of the last seven meetings, but the lone loss came in Missouri on Feb. 12, 2014 when the Billikens recorded a 72-65 victory. The teams have had some entertaining battles – seven of the last 11 games have been decided by single digits, however, the Bonnies played one of their best games of the year in an 80-59 victory over the Billikens last February at the Reilly Center.
ABOUT SAINT LOUIS
Veteran head coach Lisa Stone has built the Billikens into an Atlantic 10 power after inheriting a program that was near the bottom of the league. The owner of over 500 career victories, Stone led Saint Louis from 12 wins in 2013-14 to a 15-16 record the next season to a share of the A-10 regular season title with 20+ victories and a spot in the WNIT last year.
The Billikens were selected as this year's A-10 preseason favorite after finishing last year with a school record 26-8 mark and a 13-3 standing against conference foes, their first winning league season since joining the A-10 in 2005-06. Junior Jackie Kemph is the reigning A-10 Co-Player of the Year and is joined by fellow preseason All-Conference selection Sadie Stipanvoich. Kemph is again one of the league's top players, ranking ninth in scoring at 14.3 points per game while Stipanvoich stands fifth at 14.8 ppg.
The Billikens are the league's top offensive team – by a wide margin. Their 75.5 points per game are 10 ppg more than second-place Dayton while SLU also ranks fourth in scoring defense, allowing just 58.0 points per contest for a league-best scoring margin of +18.5.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.