ST. BONAVENTURE (1-2) at DELAWARE (2-0)
Saturday, Nov. 19 - 8:00 p.m.
Bob Carpenter Center (Aclerno Arena)
Online Coverage - Live Stats | Live Video | Twitter: @BonniesWBB | Game Notes
Radio: WGWE 105.9 FM
OPENING TIP OVERVIEW
The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team travels to Delaware for a Saturday night matchup with the host Blue Hens of the Colonial Athletic Association. The Bonnies will look to bounce back from a setback to Canisius on Wednesday night and keep its streak of not losing back-to-back games alive - Bona has not dropped consecutive games in nearly an entire calendar year.
STAND OUT STATISTICS
- Gabby Richmond entered the year with one career double-double. She has two already this year.
- Richmond posted 20 points and 11 rebounds Wednesday vs. Canisius. She was just one off her highs in both scoring (21 points vs. Fairfield, Nov. 17, 2013) and rebounding (12, 2x. last at UMass, Jan. 31, 2015).
- Matea Britvar's Sunday outing vs. Colgate was a career day across the board. The junior forward tallied her first career double-double and also had highs in scoring (20 points) and rebounding (11) along with field goals made (10).
- Mariah Ruff tied her career high with seven assists in Sunday's victory.
- Mckenna Maycock hauled in a career-best eight rebounds on Sunday and matched that total Wednesday vs. Canisius.
- Gabby Richmond swatted a career-high four shots Nov. 11 at Niagara.
- Bona lost its season-opener at Niagara, but bounced back with a win Sunday vs. Colgate. The Bonnies have not lost back-to-back games in nearly an entire calendar year - not since dropping Preseason WNIT games at No. 22 DePaul and at Drexel on Nov. 15 and Nov. 21, 2015.
- This year marks two important anniversaries - the 50th anniversary of the Reilly Center, and the 30th anniversary of the Bonnies women's basketball program playing at the Division I level. The Bonnies are 425-458 overall since turning D-I for the 1986-87 season (.482), but are 206-119 (.636) over the past 10 seasons.
BRITVAR, HART ON A-10 HONOR ROLL
Matea Britvar and freshman Sarah Hart were each a part of this week's Atlantic 10 Honor Roll. While Britvar had a dominating day vs. Colgate, Hart also had a strong showing, finishing with 11 points and six rebounds including 3-of-4 shooting from beyond the arc.
BONA VS. DELAWARE - SERIES HISTORY
- Saturday will be just the third meeting all-time between the two programs.
- Saturday marks St. Bonaventure's second ever-ever trip to Delaware.
The two teams' first previous game came during the 2011-12 season when the Blue Hens came away from the Reilly Center with a 61-49 victory on Nov. 27, 2011. It was one of just four losses in a 31-4 campaign for the Brown and White that resulted in a trip to the NCAA Sweet 16. The Bonnies also dropped a contest at Delaware the next season.
- The Bonnies are 4-6 all-time against current members of the Colonial Athletic Association.
- The Blue Hens were selected to finish tied fifth in the 2016-17 Colonial Athletic Association (CAA) Preseason Poll.
- Senior guard Erika Brown was picked as a Preseason All-CAA Second Team honoree.
- Head coach Tina Martin is in her 21st season and holds a 394-224 all-time record.
- Delaware has been extremely successful at home over the years, going 221-92 overall at the Bob Carpenter Center since 1992.
- Delaware went 16-15 overall and 10-8 in CAA play last season, reaching the CAA semifinals for the seventh straight year. UD returns four starters and seven letterwinners from last year's team.
- The Blue Hens are winners of their first two games - 67-51 over George Mason at home last Sunday and 56-55 in overtime at American on Wednesday. Sade Chatman led the team in scoring in both games with 15 vs. Mason and 17 at American.
- Chatman (16.0 ppg), Nicole Enabosi (14.5) and Hannah Jardine (10.0) are all averaging in double-figure scoring.
JUST FOR STARTERS
The Bonnies have started the season at 1-2, and while it may not be the start the team had hoped for, it does equal the same start as last season. Last year's team also began the season at 1-2 before embarking on a 16-game winning streak starting with their fourth game of the year.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get women's basketball updates @BonniesWBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.