Date: Thursday, Feb. 5
Time: 7:00 p.m.
Location: Rose Hill Gym | Bronx, N.Y.
St. Bonaventure: 12-10 (2-7 A-10) | Fordham: 15-7 (7-2 A-10)
Bonnies Statistics | Fordham Statistics
St. Bonaventure Game Notes | Fordham Game Notes
Radio: 105.9 FM WGWE (wgwefm.com) – Mike "Smitty" Smith
Where To Watch: SNY - DirectTV: Ch. 639, Time Warner: Ch. 26/11, Verizon FiOS: Ch. 577/77, Cablevision: Ch. 718/60, Comcast: Ch. 843/73
LIVE STATS | LIVE VIDEO | LIVE AUDIO
The Starting Five
1. Thursday night's game on SNY is round two of a home-and-home series between St. Bonaventure and the Fordham Rams. Earlier this year the Rams defeated the Bonnies at the Reilly Center by a score of 72-62.
2. St. Bonaventure and Fordham both rank in the top three in the Atlantic 10 in field-goal percentage defense. Fordham ranks at the top with 35.1%, while SBU sits at third with 36.2%.
3. The redshirt sophomore from Chicago, Ill., Gabby Richmond registered her best performance of her career on Saturday, Jan. 31 at UMass. Richmond recorded her first career double-double when she netted 18 points and 12 rebounds.
4. Junior forward Katie Healy, who was recently, named Big 4 Player of the Week for the period that ended on Jan. 31. In the two games, Healy averaged 19.5 points and 5.5 rebounds.
5. After a slow start against UMass, Nyla Rueter heated up the Mullins Center as she went 4-5 from beyond the arc in the second half. Rueter led the Bonnies on Saturday with 22 points.
Scouting The Rams
• The Fordham Rams will welcome the Bonnies coming off a loss against Duquesne, which was their first home conference loss.
• The Rams have a conference record of 7-2, which puts them as at third-best in the Atlantic 10.
• In conference games, Fordham is holding opponents to 53.3 points per game, which is the best scoring defense in the conference.
• They also hold A-10 opponents to just 34.6 rebounds per game, the fewest in the conference. Fordham rebounds conference opponents by +4.2 boards per game.
• On the season, the Rams are holding teams to a .351 percentage from the field, which is the best in the conference
• Fordham is led offensively by Emily Tapio and Tiffany Ruffin, who average 11.3 and 10.8 points per conference game, respectively.
• Samantha Clark and Ruffin lead the charge on the boards as both average over eight rebounds per game in conference games and sit among the top six rebounders in the conference.
• The Rams are sixth best in the conference with 5.2 three-point field goals per game in conference games. A large part of the production has come from Danielle Padovano, whose .423 three-point field goal percentage is the third best in the A-10.
• Hannah Missry's 22 for 55 for .400 is the fifth best percentage in the conference. Her 22 threes made is the third best in the A-10.
Last Time They Met: St. Bonaventure 62, Fordham 72
The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team (11-5, 1-2) dropped its second straight game on Sunday, Jan. 11 as they were defeated by the Fordham Rams, by a score of 72-62 at the Reilly Center. Despite the loss for St. Bonaventure, Hannah Little had a career day as she recorded 24 points in the losing effort. Little's 24 points would set a new career high for her.
Thursday's game will mark the fourth time the Bonnies will face time Rams in 365 days. The Brown and White will look to even Fordham's 2-1 advantage that they hold through the last year. Last season, SBU defeated Fordham at the Reilly Center on Feb. 1, 2014 by a score of 74-67. The Rams avenged the previous loss in the Atlantic 10 Tournament semifinals by defeating St. Bona. This season, the Rams came out on top at the RC on Jan. 11 with a 72-62 score. In the last ten meetings, St. Bonaventure is 7-3, but all three losses coming in the last three seasons.