Date: Saturday, Jan. 31
Time: 2:00 p.m.
Location: Mullins Center | Amherst, Mass.
St. Bonaventure: 11-10 (1-7 A-10) | UMass: 8-11 (2-5 A-10)
Bonnies Statistics | UMass Statistics
St. Bonaventure Game Notes | UMass Game Notes
Radio: 105.9 FM WGWE (wgwefm.com) – Mike "Smitty" Smith
Where to Watch: A-10 Digital Network
LIVE STATS | LIVE VIDEO | LIVE AUDIO
The Starting Five
1. Saturday's game at UMass marks round two of the home-and-home series between the Minutewomen and Bonnies. St. Bonaventure defeated UMass in its first match-up this season on Jan. 3, by a score of 65-53.
2. The Brown and White have won the last seven meeting between the two programs, all occurring within the last six years. St. Bonaventure's margin of victory is 15.7 points.
3. Coming off the bench as of late, junior forward Hannah Little, registered 12 points, seven rebounds and a team high four assists in the loss versus Duquesne. Little leads the Bonnies in rebounds this season as she averages 6.8 per game.
4. Katie Healy tied a season high on Wednesday night against Duquesne with 25 points, which ties her performance against UMass earlier this season. On Wednesday, Healy added five rebounds, three assists and two blocks to her outing.
5. Junior guard Nyla Rueter, who leads the Bonnies from outside this season, knocked downed three three-point field goals on Wednesday. Her night finished with 11 points and five boards.
Scouting The Minutewomen
• The University of Massachusetts Minutewomen will welcome the Bonnies on a three-game losing streak.
• UMass has a conference record of 2-5. At one point, they held an A-10 record of 2-2, earning their two wins against Saint Joseph's and La Salle.
• As a team, the Minutewomen have shot .349 from beyond the arc in conference games, good for the second-best percentage in the conference. While they shoot it at a high percentage, though, UMass has only made 22 threes in A-10 games, third fewest in the conference.
• Conference opponents grab 37.0 rebounds per game against UMass, the third fewest in the A-10.
• UMass has the 6th best scorer in conference games in Kim Pierre-Louis. She averages 15.3 points per games against A-10 opponents.
• Pierre-Louis has shot a conference-best .566 from the floor in conference games.
• The Minutewomen also have one of two A-10 players who average double-figure rebound totals in conference games. Rashida Timbilla pulls down 11.1 boards per game. 10.1 of Timbilla's conference boards are defensive rebounds, which is the best in the conference.
• Timbilla is also a mainstay on the floor for the Minutewomen, averaging 35.9 minutes per game in their seven conference games.
• As a team, UMass grabs 36.1 rebounds per game against conference opponents, which is 10th best in the conference. Timbilla accounts for a large portion of the team's rebounding through their seven conference games.
Last Time They Met: St. Bonaventure 65, UMass 53
The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team (11-3, 1-0) opened up its Atlantic 10 season with a victory over the UMass Minutewomen (6-7, 0-1) on Saturday, Jan.3, by a score of 65-43. The Brown and White were paced by Katie Healy and Hannah Little, who both set a then season high with 25 points and 19 points, respectively.
@BonniesWBB Heads East For Saturday Visit At UMass
|St. Bonaventure (12-10, 2-7 A-10)||32||45||77|
|UMass (8-12, 2-6 A-10)||24||33||57|
Date: Saturday, Jan. 31