Date: Wednesday, Jan. 14
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Fairfax, Va. | Patriot Center
St. Bonaventure: 11-5 (1-2) | George Mason: 10-6 (2-1)
Bonnies Statistics | George Mason Statistics
Radio: WGWE 105.9 FM – Mike "Smitty" Smith
Where To Watch: A-10 Digital Network
LIVE STATS | VIDEO | AUDIO
The Starting Five:
1. St. Bonaventure will be looking to get back on track against George Mason as the team is coming off two-straight losses, which occurred against Richmond on Jan. 7 and Fordham on Jan.11. This will be just the second meeting ever between the Patriots and Bonnies.
2. Junior forward Hannah Little notched a career high 24 points against Fordham on Sunday as she knocked down 10 of her 18 shots from the field. Little leads the Bonnies on the boards as she has brought down 111 rebounds this season. Little is just six rebounds shy of reaching the 500 career rebound mark.
3. Junior forward Katie Healy leads the Bonnies in the scoring department as she is averaging 13.6 points per game. Healy reached the 150 career milestone against Fordham on Sunday.
4. Coming strong off the bench in Atlantic 10 play has been the graduate student Ashley Zahn, who is averaging 8.7 points and 4.7 rebounds in the three contests. Zahn had an A-10 high 13 points against Richmond.
5. The Bonnies continue to be strong on the defensive side of ball as they are in second place in the conference in field goal percentage defense (35.2%) and defensive scoring (57.1).
This will be only the second meeting between the two programs. The first meeting came last year on Feb. 22, 2014 in the Reilly Center. The Bonnies came out victorious with a four-point victory over the Patriots.
George Mason Notes:
• George Mason will enter the match-up off a 73-71 win at LaSalle. The win is their second conference win, their first coming at home in their conference opener against Saint Louis. The Patriots are one of five teams in the conference with at least two Atlantic 10 wins, putting them in the upper echelon of the standings entering the second week of conference play.
• Throughout the season, Mason has a scoring offense of 75.1 points per game, which is the second best in the conference. The Patriots have scored at least 70 points in 12 games this season, winning seven of those 12.
• Their powerful offense has been led by Taylor Brown all season. Brown is averaging a conference-best 23.5 points per game. She is the only player in the Atlantic 10 averaging over 20 points per game. Twice, Brown has scored 35 points in a game, which is an A-10 high.
• Jasmine Jackson (13.6) and Sandra Ngoie (10.5) are both among the top scorers in the conference. Ngoie averages 2.8 three-point field goals per game, which is the second-most in the conference.
• While they score at an elite level, George Mason has the lowest rated scoring defense in the conference, surrendering 72.1 points per game. They have given up at least 70 points eight times this season, including their two most recent conference games.
With the loss that was sustained on Sunday against Fordham, St. Bonaventure is now sitting with an overall record of 11-5 and an Atlantic 10 record of 1-2. It just so happens that last season with two extra games on the schedule the Bonnies sat at 12-6 overall and an A-10 record of 1-2 with three games into conference play. After beginning A-10 play at 1-2 last season, St. Bonaventure would go on a seven game winning streak. The Bonnies finished the season with an 11-5 conference record, which was good for second place in the A-10 tournament.
Something's Got To Give:
As stated earlier, George Mason has scored over 70 points in 12 of their 16 games this season, which places them in second place in the Atlantic 10 in scoring offense with 75.1 points per game. Also in second place is St. Bonaventure, but in scoring defense, holding opponents to 57.1 points per game. The Brown and White have allowed only two teams score more than 70 points this season.
@BonniesWBB Looks To Bounce Back At George Mason On Wednesday
|St. Bonaventure (11-6 (1-3 A-10))||24||29||2||55|
|George Mason (11-6 (3-1 A-10))||22||31||15||68|
Date: Wednesday, Jan. 14