Date: Sunday, Jan. 11
Time: 4 p.m.
Location: Reilly Center
St. Bonaventure 11-4 (1-1) | Fordham 10-5 (2-0)
Bonnies Statistics | Fordham Statistics
St. Bonaventure Game Notes | Fordham Game Notes
TV: NBC Sports Network with Mike Corey (pxp) and Swin Cash
Channel Directory: Time Warner (Olean/Buffalo) – Ch. 57, Time Warner (Rochester) – Ch. 69, Directv – Ch. 220, Dish – Ch. 151, Verizon Fios – Ch. 590
Radio: WGWE 105.9FM (wgwefm.com) – Mike "Smitty" Smith & Steve McCord
Sunday is Southern Tier Child Advocacy Center Day in which anyone who brings a beanie baby to donate will receive a free ticket to the game! Donations can be made at any arena entrance starting at 3pm. Kids, come early and enjoy the YMCA inflatable starting one hour prior to the game and again at halftime!
SBU Women's Basketball highly encourages all seating in the lower level of the arena for visual purposes on today's NBCSN broadcast. We appreciate your cooperation.
The Starting Five:
1. The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team looks to bounce back at home as it welcomes the reigning Atlantic 10 champion Fordham Rams to the Reilly Center. Last season, the two teams split their season meetings, 1-1.
2. The Bonnies are coming off a disappointing loss against the Richmond Spiders on Jan. 7 in Richmond, Va. The Spiders were able to shoot over 40% throughout the game, which has only been done twice against the Bonnies defense this season. Richmond also shot 42.1% from beyond the arc.
3. Coming off the bench, Freshman Miranda Drummond shined as she converted on seven of 13 shots and also went 3-3 from the line, which was good for a career-high 17 points. Drummond also brought down a team-high four rebounds.
4. Hannah Little leads the Bonnies on the boards as she has brought down 106 rebounds this season. Little is just 11 rebounds shy of reaching the 500 career rebound mark.
5. Junior forward Katie Healy leads the Bonnies in the scoring department as she is averaging 14 points per game. Healy has scored 20+ points in a single game three times this season.
Scouting The Rams:
• The Rams enter Sunday's game with an overall record of 10-5 and an Atlantic 10 record of 2-0. Their two conference wins came against Richmond on Jan. 4 and La Salle on Jan. 8.
• Fordham is scoring 60 points per game while holding opponents to 53.5 points per game. The Rams also lead the Atlantic 10 in field goal percentage defense as they hold opponents to 34.1%.
• The Rams are led by their senior forward, Emily Tapio, who is averaging 12.9 points and five rebounds per game. Tapio also has 40 assists on the year.
• Sophomore Hannah Missry leads Fordham from outside as she is netting 39.5% three-point field goals. Missry is shooting 32-81 so far this season.
• Fordham's RPI is currently sits at 103 as of Jan. 9.
New York's Team:
A slogan that has been used by other schools in New York is "New York's College" or "New York's Team", well this holds true on the court for the Bonnies. Since the 2006-07 season, head coach Jim Crowley and the women's basketball team are 56-9 (.859) against New York state schools in the regular season. Since he began his tenure at the helm at St. Bonaventure, Crowley is 75-27 (.735). So far in 2014-15, the Bonnies are 4-1 and will have two more games against schools in New York. The next two games come against Atlantic 10 foe Fordham, where the Brown and White are 14-6 under Coach Crowley.
Home Court Advantage:
The Reilly Center is said to be one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. That holds true for the Bonnies and Coach Crowley as they are 84-22 (.792) in the last eight seasons. The 84-wins includes five seasons where the Brown and White have posted double-digit wins at home, which includes two 13-win seasons (2011-12 & 2013-14) and one 15-win season (2008-09). The Bonnies have just 12 home games this season, which welcomes the two previous Atlantic 10 champions, Fordham and Dayton.