The Game Basics:
Opponent: UNC-Greensboro (4-6)
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 17
Time: 7 p.m.
Location: Reilly Center – St. Bonaventure, N.Y.
On the Air: WGWE 105.9 FM – Mike Smith
LIVE STATS | VIDEO
St. Bonaventure Game Notes
The Bona women's basketball team will return home on Wednesday, December 17th to face UNC-Greensboro at 7pm. Wednesday will be Hillside Family of Agencies Night and all fans who bring an unwrapped toy or clothing item to the Reilly Center will receive a free ticket to the game! All donations will go directly to the Hillside Family of Agencies Special Santa Project.
The Starting Five:
1. The Bonnies look to bounce back as they return to the Reilly Center on Wednesday, Dec. 17 to wrap up their home non-conference schedule against the UNC-Greensboro Spartans. This will be St. Bonaventure's second of four games that the team will play in a week span.
2. The Bonnies have not dropped a game at home since last season against non-conference opponent Toledo. The Brown and White are currently on a 12-game winning streak.
3. St. Bonaventure has always been prideful of its tough defense and how it forces teams to make tough shots. This has held true for the Brown and White has they are holding opponents to just 53.8 points per game and 34.8% from the field. SBU is also recording 7.3 steals, 4.1 blocks per game.
4. Katie Healy showed why she was selected as preseason Big 4 Player of the Year on Monday night at Buffalo as she tallied 21 points, 10 points, four steals, two blocks and two assists.
5. Hannah Little, who was primarily a role-player last season at this time has provided consistency in the line-up this season as she has started all 10 games and is averaging 10.3 points per game.
• Before entering the Reilly Center to take on the Bonnies, the UNC Greensboro Spartans fell to VCU by a score of 80-73.
• The Spartans are allowing opposing teams to shoot 42.4% from the field.
• Through their first ten games, they only played three games at their home gym, Fleming Gymnasium.
• The Spartans have two players averaging in double figures, junior Lucy Mason with 14.0 ppg and senior Jarae Savage averaging 12.6.
• Savage also leads the team with 7.0 boards per game.
• Sophomore India Timpton has 57 total rebounds on the year, but 34 of those 57 boards have been offensive, contributing to the team's conference-best 17.7 offensive rebounds per game.
• UNCG is among the top teams in the Southern Conference in 3-point defense, holding opponents to 29.6% from beyond the arc.
• Shanese Harris, who has started eight out of 10 games for UNCG, has shot a team-high 46.1% from the field this year. Harris is averaging 9.5 points and 4.7 rebounds per game.
• Leading the team in the assist department is Lucy Mason. Mason has a total of 37 assists.
• UNCG has played 15 different players this season.
• The Spartans are grabbing a conference-best 11.9 steals per game.
• They are also out-rebounding teams by -0.7 boards per game.
• Nine different Spartans have started at least one game this season.
• The young UNCG lineup features four freshmen and six sophomores. Through their first eight games, the underclassmen made up 41% of the total scoring.
Last Time They Met:
The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team defeated UNC-Greensboro by a score of 58-46 on Sunday, Dec. 22, 2013. Hannah Little and Katie Healy both posted double-doubles for the Bonnies. Little's 21 points in the game was a career-high for her at the time. Hannah Little posted her fourth double-double of the season in the victory. Little also set a career-high in points (21), steals (4), field goals attempted (12) and free throws made (7).