The Game Basics
Opponent: Binghamton (1-4)
Date: Sunday, Nov. 30
Time: 1:00 p.m.
Location: Reilly Center – St. Bonaventure, N.Y.
On The Air: WGWE 105.9 FM – Mike Smith
St. Bonaventure Game Notes | Binghamton Game Notes
The Starting Five
1. St. Bonaventure returns home after a four-game road trip that resulted in a 2-2 record for the Bonnies. The Brown and White welcomes in-state foe, Binghamton, to the Reilly Center. SBU is 8-0 all-time against the Bearcats.
2. The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team is coming off an exciting two-point victory over the Penn State Lady Lions on Nov. 25. A Nyla Rueter lay-up with less than two seconds to go gave the Bonnies their first win against Penn State in 11 attempts.
3. Leading the Bonnies is the junior forward, Katie Healy, who is averaging 11.4 points and 5.6 rebounds per game. Healy notched her first double-double of the season against Penn State. Healy posted eight double-doubles last season.
4. Last year's Atlantic 10 Sixth Woman of the Year, Hannah Little, has been called upon for a bigger role this season. Little, who is averaging 31 minutes per game, good for tied for first on the team, is averaging 10 points and six rebounds in each contest.
5. In their first five games this season, seven members of the Bonnies have registered double-digit scoring performances. Little and Healy lead the squad with three, while Rueter has two.
Scouting The Bonnies
• The Bonnies enter Sunday's game against the Binghamton Bearcats with a record of 3-2. St. Bonaventure is on an 11-game winning streak at home and a two-game winning streak overall.
• This will be the Brown and White's first home game since their season-opener against Canisius on Nov. 14. SBU will remain home after Sunday's game as it faces Colgate on Tuesday.
• Leading the team on the boards is Gabby Richmond, who is averaging 6.2 rebounds per game. Richmond has a team-high 31 rebounds, just one ahead of Hannah Little.
• As a team the Bonnies are shooting 37.3% from the field. Emily Michael leads the team as she is shooting 7-13 (.538).
• The first two off the bench for the Bonnies is Ashley Zahn and Mariah Ruff. Zahn is averaging three points per game and shooting .300 from three-point land. Ruff, who leads all-freshman in minutes with 13.6 per game, has tallied 16 total points.
Bonnies Last Time Out
• St. Bonaventure earned its first ever victory against the Penn State Lady Lions on Tuesday, Nov. 25. Entering the game, SBU was 0-10 all-time.
• Katie Healy notched her first double-double of the season and the first double-double for the Brown and White in the 2014-15 campaign.
• All nine members of the Bonnies, who appeared in the game against Penn State, recorded a rebound.
• With the game in her hand, Nyla Rueter made a veteran move and got past her defender for the contested lay-up that put the Bonnies up two with less than 1.4 seconds left. Rueter finished the game with 13 points.
• Emily Michael went 4-5 from the field and 3-4 from beyond the arc as she recorded 11 total points. Not only did she score, but she controlled the tempo throughout the game and held their starting guards to five points in the second half.
One BIG Victory
On Tuesday, Nov. 25, the St. Bonaventure women's basketball team earned a BIG win at Penn State. This was the team's first victory over a Big Ten opponent since the 2011-12 season, when the Bonnies defeated Indiana. The Brown and White entered the night with a record against Penn State of 0-10 and 7-35 against current Big Ten schools (Penn State and Rutgers are former members of the Atlantic 10). St. Bonaventure will play Georgetown on Dec. 22, as this will be the Bonnies final match-up this year against a team from one of the power conferences.
Home Court Advantage
The Reilly Center is said to be one of the best home court advantages in college basketball. That holds true for the Bonnies and Coach Crowley as they are 80-22 (.784) in the last eight seasons. The 80-wins includes five seasons where the Brown and White have posted double-digit wins at home, which includes two 13-win seasons (2011-12 & 2013-14) and one 15-win season (2008-09). The Bonnies have just 12 home games this season, which welcomes the two previous Atlantic 10 champions, Fordham and Dayton.
Scouting The Bearcats
• The Binghamton Bearcats enters Sunday's game coming off a 67-51 loss to St. John's on Friday, Nov. 28. The Bearcats were outrebounded, 51-26.
• The Bearcats are coming off a 5-25 season in 2013-14.
• Head coach Linda Cimino is in her first year as head coach at Binghamton. Through her eight seasons as a head coach, she has a record of 129-104.
• Binghamton returns one starter, senior Sherae Swinson. She is averaging 11.8 points per game with 7.3 rebounds per game. Last season, Swinson finished 18th in the America East with 10.1 points per game, ninth in free throw percentage (74%) and eighth with 0.8 blocked shots per game.
• Freshman guard Imani Watkins has impressed through the early games of her first campaign, averaging nearly 20 points in BU's first three games. Her 19.7 points per game through the team's first three games was good for the most out of any America East player, and she was named America East Rookie of the Week for the first two weeks of the season.
• Watkins' backcourt partner is also a true freshman, Jasmine Sina, who is averaging 38.6 minutes played. Sina tallied a career-high 20 points against St. John's on Friday, Nov. 28.
• Junior Kim Albrecht returns to add experience to the starting five. The guard started nine games last season and scored in double figures three times. So far this season, she netted a career-high 27 points in the team's inaugural win against Delaware State.