The Game Basics
Opponent: Penn State Lady Lions (1-2)
Date: Tuesday, Nov. 25
Time: 5:30 p.m.
Location: Bryce Jordan Center - University Park, Pa.
On The Air: WGWE 105.9 FM – Mike Smith
St. Bonaventure Game Notes | Penn State Game Notes
The Starting Five
1. St. Bonaventure is coming off a victory at Detroit on Saturday, Nov. 22 by a score of 68-56. The win was a much needed victory for the Bonnies as they gain confidence from the "W" and make the quick turnaround to Penn State.
2. After starting the season 0-30 from three-point land, SBU found its touch from beyond the arc shooting 12-22 (54.5%).
3. The Brown and White have provided a much needed spark off the bench this season, scoring 62 total points. The Bonnies had 21 at Toledo (Nov. 20) and 22 at Detroit (Nov. 22).
4. Last year's Atlantic 10 Sixth Woman of the Year, Hannah Little, has been called upon for a bigger role this season. Little, who is averaging 30 minutes per game, good for second on the team, is averaging 10.2 points and 6.2 rebounds in each contest.
5. Returning to the Bonnies line-up is Gabby Richmond, who was forced to miss the final nine games in 2013-14 due to an injury. Richmond has started all four games this year and has tallied 35 total points and a team-high 25 rebounds. Richmond notched a season-high 12 points against Detroit.
Scouting The Bonnies
• Katie Healy spearheads the attack for the Bonnies, averaging 11.2 points to go along with 4.2 rebounds and 1.5 blocks.
• Coming off the bench is the graduate student, Ashley Zahn, who has provided a threat from three, shooting 3-8. Zahn knocked down three three-point field goals against Detroit.
• As a team, St. Bonaventure is shooting 59-76 (77.6%) from the charity stripe, which is good for first in the Atlantic 10.
• The Bonnies are holding opponents to just 60.5 points per game. This ranks them third in the A-10.
• The Brown and White have held opposing teams to shoot just 35% from the field, which is good for third in the A-10. SBU is currently shooting 37.7% overall.
Bonnies Last Time Out
• The 38 points that the Bonnies scored in the first half were the most by the team since February 8, 2014 at UMass. SBU scored 44 that day.
• The Bonnies had three players to score in double-digits: Gabby Richmond (12), Ashley Zahn (11) and Hannah Little (10).
• Little was one rebound shy of her first double-double of the season. No SBU player has registered a double-double this season.
• St. Bonaventure led for 35:39 minutes, while Detroit only held the lead for just 87 seconds.
• A strong performance at the free-throw line by St. Bonaventure as it went 15-17 (88.2%) for the game.
Scouting The Lady lions
• The Penn State Lady Lions welcome the Bonnies on a two-game losing streak, narrowly falling to Albany 54-53 (Nov. 16) and dropping a 75-70 game to Seton Hall (Nov. 22).
• Penn State, a former member of the Atlantic 10, is a perfect 10-0 against St. Bonaventure in history. However, the last time the two teams met was in the 1990-91.
• The Lady Lions began their season with the unique Preseason WNIT, a tournament style played just like postseason tournaments. They recorded a win in their first game against Towson (Nov. 14).
• Penn State will play their first four games at home.
• The Lady Lions are coming off a strong 24-8 season in the 2013-14 campaign, 14 of their wins coming at home.
• After losing in their first game of the Big 10 Tournament last season, Penn State captured wins against Wichita State and Florida in the NCAA Tournament, and eventually fell to Stanford in their third game.
• Through their first three games, the Nittany Lions have been led offensively by redshirt-freshman Lindsay Spann with 14.3 points per game.
• Junior Candice Agee and sophomore Sierra Moore are both also averaging double-figure scoring totals with 10.7 and 11.3 points per game respectively.
• Tori Waldner returns for her senior season. The 6-5 center averaged 1.2 blocked shots per game last season, 12th best in the Big 10. So far, she is averaging 2.3 per game (seven total).