The Game Basics
Opponent: Detroit Titans
Date: Saturday, Nov. 22
Time: 12:30 p.m.
Location: Calihan Hall – Detroit, Mich.
On The Air: WGWE 105.9FM – Mike Smith
St. Bonaventure Game Notes | Detroit Game Notes
WATCH (ESPN 3)
The St. Bonaventure women's basketball team and the Detroit Titans will meet for the first time in program history on Saturday, Nov. 22.
The Starting Five
1. St. Bonaventure is looking to bounce back after a disappointing loss against Toledo on Thursday night. The Bonnies erased a 14-point led by the Rockets in the second half but was unable to complete the comeback.
2. On Thursday night at Toledo the Bonnies found their touch from behind the arc in the second half, netting seven of 14 attempted three-point shots. SBU entered the game 0-22.
3. The Brown and White have provided a much needed spark off the bench this season, scoring 40 total points. St. Bonaventure had 21 against Toledo.
4. Katie Healy has continued her stellar play from last season as she is averaging 12 points per game and four rebounds to begin her 2014-15 campaign. The Atlantic 10 preseason first team All-Conference selection registered 20 points in a win against Canisius and 10 points at James Madison.
5. Returning to the Bonnies lineup is Gabby Richmond, who was forced to miss the final nine games in 2013-14 due to an injury. Richmond has started all three games this year and has tallied 23 total points and a team-high 19 rebounds.
Bonnies Last Time Out
• SBU knocked down four-straight three-point field goals to give itself their first lead since the 6:40 mark in the first half.
• Thursday night's loss was the first-time since December 1, 2013 that the Brown and White have lost back-to-back games. Last season, SBU lost to UConn and Marist.
• St. Bonaventure outshot the Rockets, 22-59 (37.3%) to 17-55 (30.9%).
• 24 of the Brown and White's 58 points came from inside the paint.
• The Bonnies were outrebounded, 42-34. Eight SBU players recorded a single rebound.
• Toledo's physical play earned them 28 trips to the free-throw line, while St. Bonaventure only visited the line just eight times. The Rockets converted 25 points from the charity stripe.
• Junior forward Hannah Little led the Bonnies with a season-high 12 points, while Gabby Richmond had eight rebounds.
• Kelcie Rombach set a career-high with 11 points, including a career-high three three-point field goals made.
• The last time Healy attempted four shots or less in a game was her freshman year against Temple on Jan. 13, 2013.
• Emily Michael led St. Bona with three steals and three assists.
• Nyla Rueter registered five rebounds and five points on the day.
Scouting The Titans
• Detroit is coming off a heartbreaker at Ohio on Thursday, November 20 as they fell 60-57.
• Three Titans scored in double-digits: Rosanna Reynolds (15), Ellisha Crosby (12) and Darianne Seward (11).
• UDM finished the game shooting 33.3% (19-57) from the field.
• Detroit opened their season in Ann Arbor to take on the Michigan Wolverines and lost on a score of 76-57. They then took on Marygrove in their home opener and won in an 88-46 routing to even their record.
• In 2013-14, the Detroit Titans went 6-24 and 4-11 at home.
• Last season, Detroit averaged 70.9 points per game, which is the fourth best average in the Horizon League.
• They had 27 defensive rebounds per game, good for fourth best in the conference.
• The Titans surrendered 259 three pointers per game, the most out of any other team in the conference.
• They return backcourt starters Tayelor McCalister and Minisha Frederick-Childress. They also return Ellisha Crosby, who averaged 17.5 points per game in her 12 games played.
• Through their first three games, the Titans have been led offensively by freshman standout Darianne Seward, who is averaging a team-best 15 points per game.
• Sophomore Haleigh Ristovski, who started just 11 games and averaged 4.1 rebounds per game, leads the squad with 7.3 rebounds per game and four total blocks through their first three games.