Game Notes | Live Stats: Follow @GoBonnies
Three in Six
This will be the third game in six days for both St. Bonaventure (1-1) and Morgan State (1-1), with all three games for each team being played in different states. The Bonnies opened last Friday at home against Binghamton, played at Indiana on Monday and will match up in Maryland tonight. Morgan State started in Illinois against SIU-Edwardsville last Friday, visited Saint Louis on Sunday and now has its home opener tonight.
This is the first ever meeting between Morgan State and St. Bonaventure.
Last Time Out
St. Bonaventure turned the ball over 25 times and shot 32.6 percent from the field, but still only fell by six points at Indiana Monday evening, 50-44. Junior Megan Van Tatenhove, a preseason third team Atlantic 10 member, recorded the second double-double of her career off a game-high 18 points and game-high, and career-high, 13 rebounds.
Last Time Against the MEAC
This will be St. Bonaventure's first ever matchup against a member of the MEAC.
Keep An Eye On...
Jessica Jenkins: After scoring a game-high 22 points in the season opener - including a career-high 7-of-8 from the free throw line - the streaky junior shot just 2-for-10 for six points at Indiana.
Cara Gustafson: She is expected to return today after missing the team's game at Indiana with a high ankle sprain suffered on the final play of regulation against Binghamton on Friday night.
Chelsea Bowker: In each of the Bonnies' two games this year she has broken career highs for minutes played, logging 25 against Binghamton and then 31 opposite Indiana.
A Little Break
After playing three games in six days, the Bonnies will have some time to rest before taking to the court next. The Brown and White will face Quinnipiac in the Reilly Center on Sunday, Nov. 21 at 1 p.m. St. Bonaventure won last year's matchup with the Bobcats in Connecticut, 77-67.
Scouting Morgan State
- This will be the Lady Bears' second straight matchup against an Atlantic 10 school; they fell at Saint Louis on Sunday, 64-51
- Both teams are 1-1 on the year, and both teams will be playing their third game in six days ... all in different states
- The Lady Bears return two starters and six letterwinners from a team that went 17-13 overall, including a 12-4 (T-2nd) mark in the MEAC, before falling in the conference quarterfinals
- Both returning starters, Erin Hawkins and Theresa Davis, lead the team in scoring at 14.5 and 11.0 points per game, respectively
- Morgan State was selected to finish in 7th in the MEAC in the preseason voting
- The Lady Bears are 4-23 all time against the Atlantic 10