ALFRED, N.Y. – Despite snow, sleet and rain, the St. Bonaventure men's track team had multiple runners set personal and school records Tuesday at the Alfred Invitational.
In the 800, Elias Kott continued his impressive spring campaign. The freshman captured the victory in the event by crossing the finish line in 2:03.90, a new PR and the third-fastest overall individual time in program history. John Pullano and Dan Janak also moved into the Bonaventure top-10 list. With times of 2:07.66 and 2:09.72 respectively the freshmen moved into sixth and seventh on the list.
In the 1500, Nathan Prisella captured the win in the event with an effort of 4:20.35 and now ranks second overall in the top-10 Bona times. Logan Caruso also moved into sixth place with his time of 4:20.74. George Laraia set a new PR of 4:26.29 and moved into ninth all-time.
Jacob Osswald finished in 16:38.65 in the 5000 for the Bonnies, which was good enough for sixth in program history.
Bona is back in action Saturday, April 27 at the University of Buffalo.
2. Ryan Walker – 55.13
1. Elias Kott – 2:03.90 (personal record)
2. Ryan Chmiel - 2:05.01
4. Kyle Haller – 2:05.91 (personal record)
5. John Pullano – 2:07.66 (personal record)
6. Daniel Janak – 2:09.72 (personal record)
9. Drew Bille – 2:40.42
1. Nathan Prisella – 4:20.35 (personal record)
2. Logan Caruso – 4:20.74 (personal record)
3. Mark Vaccaro – 4:24. 44
4. George Laraia – 4:26.29 (personal record)
5. Ryan Signorino – 4:42. 85 (personal record)
6. Isaiah Callahan – 5:09.29
7. Drew Bille – 5:24.53
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get cross country and track updates @BonniesXCTrack. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.