GENESEO, N.Y. – Sophomore Nathan Prisella set the school record time in the 5000 meters Saturday afternoon, pacing the St. Bonaventure men's track efforts at the Geneseo Invite.
Prisella ran a time of 15:50.69, surpassing the previous program best time of 15:55 set by Nick Masiello in 2014. The second-year Bonnies runner previously was third in the program record books with a time of 16:07.80 he ran just last week in the season-opening meet.
Also in the 5000, freshman Logan Caruso bested his time from a week ago by four seconds to rank seventh among all Bona individuals in the event all-time with his effort of 16:32.05. Senior George Laraia previously stood 11th on the SBU charts and moved up to ninth with a finish of 16:45.08 as well.
In the 1500, freshman Elias Kott bettered his time from a week ago and jumped from ninth to eighth on the Bona individuals list with a run of 4:29.27.
St. Bonaventure returns to action next weekend at the Dave Labor Invite in Slippery Rock, Pa.
40. Ryan Walker – 24.55
14. Nathan Prisella – 15:50.69 (program record)
32. Logan Caruso – 16:32.05 (personal record)
40. George Laraia – 16:45.08 (personal record)
43. William Delaney – 16:49.88
49. Jack Duncanson – 16:58.92
51. Ryan Signorino – 17:01.07 (personal record)
52. Jacob Osswald – 17:02.24 (personal record)
72. Christian Gravius – 20:41.63
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get cross country and track updates @BonniesXCTrack. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.