OLEAN, N.Y. – Marco Rivolo scored a singles win, but the St. Bonaventure University men's tennis team fell to Duquesne, 6-1, Saturday at the SBU Fitness Center.
Rivolo was able to take care of Dane Bendel in three sets, 6-1, 3-6, 10-6, at No. 5 singles for the Bonnies.
In doubles action, Logan D'Angelo and Martin Estevarena were victorious at No. 3 doubles against Bendel and Alejandro Rodriguez, 6-2. The Dukes, however, won the doubles point with wins at No. 1 and No. 2 doubles.
The Bonnies are back in action Sunday, March 31 on the road at Penn State. Play is scheduled to begin at 5:00 p.m.
Duquesne 6, St. Bonaventure 1
1. Chris Corrao (DUQ) def. Indra Patwardhan (SBUM) 7-5, 6-7, 6-3
2. Alejandro Rodriguez (DUQ) def. Martin Estevarena (SBUM) 6-3, 7-6
3. Alex Mascioli (DUQ) def. Lukas Linden Malmberg (SBUM) 4-6, 6-4, 6-4
4. Jared Isaacs (DUQ) def. John Rutkowski (SBUM) 6-1, 6-2
5. Marco Rivolo (SBUM) def. Dane Bendel (DUQ) 6-1, 3-6, 10-6
6. Graham Conron (DUQ) def. Jonni Heikkila (SBUM) 7-5, 6-4
1. Jared Isaacs/Alex Mascioli (DUQ) def. Indra Patwardhan/Lukas Linden Malmberg (SBUM) 6-3
2. Chris Corrao/Joey Matthews (DUQ) def. John Rutkowski/Marco Rivolo (SBUM) 6-4
3. Logan D'Angelo/Martin Estevarena (SBUM) def. Dane Bendel/Alejandro Rodriguez (DUQ) 6-2
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get tennis updates @BonniesTennis. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.