OLEAN, N.Y. – A sweep of all six singles matches gave the St. Bonaventure University men's tennis team a 6-1 victory over Roberts Wesleyan on Thursday afternoon at the SBU Fitness Center.
After losing the doubles point to begin the match, the Bonnies re-grouped and were able to grab wins in all six singles matches.
Martin Estevarena started the winning with a 6-2, 6-2 straight set victory over Guido Janssen at the No. 1 flight. Indra Patwardhan won in straight sets against Boyd Blackburn at No. 2 and Lukas Linden Malmberg only needed two sets against Matt Forrest at No. 3.
John Rutkowski seized his match at No. 4 against Timmy Nacca, 6-2, 6-0.
Freshmen Marco Rivolo and Logan D'Angelo won the final two singles matches of the day at No. 5 and No. 6. Rivolo triumphed over Dennis Barlotta, 6-4, 6-4, while D'Angelo won in two sets against Andrew Freeman, 7-5, 6-0.
D'Angelo and Estevarena also teamed up for a doubles win on the day, defeating Nacca and Freeman, 6-1, at the No. 3 flight.
The Bonnies are back in action Sunday, March 10 at home against Daemen. Play is scheduled to begin at 10:00 a.m.
St. Bonaventure 6, Roberts Wesleyan 1
1. Martin Estevarena (SBUM) def. Guido Janssen (RW) 6-2, 6-2
2. Indra Patwardhan (SBUM) def. Boyd Blackburn (RW) 6-2, 6-4
3. Lukas Linden Malmberg (SBUM) def. Matt Forrest (RW) 6-2, 6-4
4. John Rutkowski (SBUM) def. Timmy Nacca (RW) 6-2, 6-0
5. Marco Rivolo (SBUM) def. Dennis Barlotta (RW) 6-4, 6-4
6. Logan D'Angelo (SBUM) def. Andrew Freeman (RW) 7-5, 6-0
1. Guido Janssen/Boyd Blackburn (RW) def. Indra Patwardhan/Lukas Linden Malmberg (SBUM) 6-3
2. Matt Forrest/Dennis Barlotta (RW) def. John Rutkowski/Marco Rivolo (SBUM) 6-1
3. Logan D'Angelo/Martin Estevarena (SBUM) def. Timmy Nacca/Andrew Freeman (RW) 6-1
Stay connected with St. Bonaventure athletics through social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get tennis updates @BonniesTennis. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.