ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. – The St. Bonaventure men's swimming and diving team used wins in seven out of 13 events to take down Little Three rival Canisius, 150-87, Friday night at the Reilly Center Pool.
Shakhnazarov paced the Bonnies in the 50-freestyle, taking first with a time of 21.18. Tjaard Krusch was the next to win for the Brown and White, earning first place in the 200-IM, clocking in at 1:55.76.
Burdo captured first place in the 100-freestyle (47.14) while Krusch doubled up, winning the 100-backstroke, turning in a time of 50.81.
On the diving boards, Bielobradek grabbed first in both the 1-meter and 3-meter dives, earning 262.65 points and 279 points, respectively. Michael Bruno and Austin Campbell took second and third in both events. Bruno earned 253.5 points in the 1-meter dive and 276.525 points in the 3-meter dive, while Campbell registered 250.425 points in the 1-meter dive and 265.2 points in the 3-meter dive.
The Bonnies are back in action Thursday, Nov. 21 when they will head to Morgantown, West Va. to compete at the WVU Diving Invitational. The swimming team gets back in the pool Dec. 6-8 at the Zippy Invite in Akron, Ohio.
2. Maciej Danilewski, Hylton Collinson, Guido Balderrama, Marcus Swartfager 3:27.23
3. Alec Thomas, Joseph Sepuca, Joseph Malafronte, William Lowe 3:34.88
5. Seth Erdley, Nicholas Nakaya, Jason Green, Griffin Witte 3:43.87
1. Tjaard Krusch, Jake Ruffolo, Marcus Swartfager, Nick Burdo 3:09.67
2. William Lowe, Maciej Danilewski, Joseph Malafronte, David Shakhnazarov 3:10.86
4. Nicholas Torre, Elias Petri, Jason Green, Griffin Witte 3:20.73
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get men's and women's swimming and diving updates @BonniesSwimDive. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.