ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. – The St. Bonaventure University men's swimming and diving team won nine of the 13 total events to defeat Niagara on Saturday afternoon at the Reilly Center Pool, 149-92, on senior day.
The Bonnies took the top-two spots in five of their nine wins.
Jordan Powers captured wins in both the 50 (21.27) and 100-freestyle (46.99) events.
St. Bonaventure also earned first-place finishes in both relay events. The team of Matt Taccard, Preston Schilling, Michael White and Robert Marshall captured the 200-medley relay with a time of 1:33.28 while the 200-freestyle relay squad of Taccard, David Shakhnazarov, Powers and White finished at 1:24.44.
Today's action concludes the dual meet season for St. Bonaventure. The Brown and White will now prepare for the 2017 Atlantic 10 Swimming and Diving Championships on Feb. 15-18.
1. Matt Taccard, Preston Schilling, Michael White, Robert Marshall -- 1:33.28
2. Logan Hellwig, Matt Goettler, Nick Burdo, Lev Moskaliuk -- 1:36.73
4. Seth Erdley, Kevin Grant, Guido Balderrama, Aidan Wilson -- 1:41.56
2. Ryan McLaughlin – 241.43
2. Ryan McLaughlin – 248.25
1. Matt Taccard, David Shakhnazarov, Jordan Powers, Michael White – 1:24.44
3. Logan Hellwig, Nick Burdo, Lev Moskaliuk, Joseph Malafronte – 1:28.26
5. Kevin Grant, Michael Le, Alex Szakelyhidi, Jack Hughes – 1:32.23
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get men's swimming and diving updates @BonniesMSwim. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.