ST. BONAVENTURE, N.Y. – The St. Bonaventure men's swimming and diving team fell to Cleveland State, 145-96, in a dual meet at the Reilly Center Pool Friday evening.
St. Bonaventure grabbed its first win of the day in the 50-freestyle as Matt Taccard timed in at 21.57.
Michael White came in first place in the 100-freestyle with a time of 47.19.
In the 500-freestyle, Ben Galinski earned the victory at 4:49.25.
St. Bonaventure will go through a quick turnaround as it will host Colgate for its second dual meet in as many days on Saturday morning. Diving will begin at 9:00 a.m. with swimming events kicking off at 11:00 a.m.
3. Matt Taccard, Matt Goettler, Edward Donovan, Jordan Powers – 3:32.35
5. John Pietrucha, Alex Massa, Guido Balderrama, Joseph Malafronte – 3:41.23
6. Aidan Wilson, Kevin Grant, Michael Le, Seth Erdley – 3:46.77
200-YARD FREESTYLE RELAY
2. Nick Burdo, David Shakhnrazanov Michael White Jr., Logan Hellwig – 1:25.26
4. Joseph Malafronte, John Pietrucha, Alex Szakelyhidi, Jack Hughes – 1:31.29
5. Ben Galinski, Guido Balderrama, Trevor Maida, Michael Douglas – 1:31.72
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get men's swimming and diving updates @BonniesMSwim. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.