La Salle (4-7-3, 0-2-0 A-10) at St. Bonaventure (1-10-1, 0-1-0)
Saturday, Oct. 10 - 7 p.m.
St. Bonaventure, N.Y. (Marra Athletics Fields Complex)
Online Coverage - Live Stats
The St. Bonaventure men's soccer team returns home to the Marra Athletics Fields Complex to host Atlantic 10 foe La Salle in another Saturday night contest under the lights.
LAST TIME OUT
The Bonnies opened Atlantic 10 play on Wednesday night at VCU, battling a very tough Rams squad down to the wire before dropping a 2-0 decision. The Rams (3-6-2, 1-0-1 Atlantic 10) were finally able to break through in the 42nd minute. Lyndsey Moreland took advantage of a skirmish in front of the net, capitalizing for his first goal of the year and a 1-0 lead for the home team. The score remained 1-0 until the the 83rd minute when VCU's Cody Sweatte found the net, scoring insurance for the hosts. Senior goalkeeper Bobby Diaz had a season-best 10 saves for the Bonnies.
St. Bonaventure will begin a three-game Atlantic 10 homestand vs. La Salle. The Bonnies will enjoy a pair of conference home games next week - vs. Davidson on Wednesday and then another Saturday night contest on Oct. 17 vs. UMass.
DIAZ LEADS A-10 IN SAVES
Senior goalkeeper Bobby Diaz has often shined in net this season for the Bonnies. Diaz leads all Atlantic 10 goalkeepers and is tied for second in the nation this year with 66 saves. Among A-10 goalies, Nils Leifhelm of Rhode Island is next with 55 saves. Nationally, Alex Guerra of VMI is the only keeper with more saves (83) while Eduardo Cortes of IUPUI also has turned away 66 shots.
SCOUTING LA SALLE
- Like the Bonnies, La Salle is seeking its first conference win of the year on Saturday night. The Explorers enter the game on a three-game winless streak including opening conference play with setbacks vs. Fordham (3-0) and Duquesne (3-2, double overtime).
- Senior Andrew Connors powers the La Salle attack with a team-high four goals on the year. Tony Daniele, Joe Hansen and Colman Kennedy all have netted two goals apiece.
- Three goalkeepers have logged time for La Salle this year, but Mike Kirk has received the lion's share of playing time with nine starts. Kirk has posted a 1.96 goals against average with 29 saves on the season.
- The Explorers have reached the Atlantic 10 tournament five straight years.
- Senior forward Joe Farrell led the team a year ago with seven goals and four assists, earning Second Team A-10 All-Conference accolades.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get men's soccer updates @BonniesMSoccer. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.