Wednesday, Sept. 30 vs. Binghamton (5-4) – 7 p.m.
Marra Athletic Fields Complex (St. Bonaventure, N.Y.)
Online Coverage – Live Stats
TV - SBU-TV
The Bonnies dropped a 1-0 decision at St. Francis (PA) last Friday. The Bonnies surrendered a goal to the Red Flash in the 34th minute, but mounted multiple chances in the last 15 minutes. The bid to tie fell short, though, in the final moments.
DIAZ TOPS A-10 SAVES CHART
Senior goalkeeper Bobby Diaz enters Wednesday's match leading the Atlantic 10 in saves this season. He has turned away 45 shots this year, more than any other A-10 goalkeeper, and has posted six or more saves in six of his seven starts on the season.
HOME FIRES BURNING
The Bonnies will be home twice this week – vs. Binghamton and then will host Buffalo on Saturday night at 7 p.m., also at the Marra Athletic Fields Complex. The Brown and White will play in front of home fans several times over the next three weeks – Wednesday starts a string of five out of the next six matches at home for SBU.
- The Bearcats are looking to snap a two-game losing skid after dropping 3-1 decisions vs. Syracuse and Princeton.
- Binghamton has enjoyed much early season improvement this fall – the Bearcats opened the 2014 season with a 2-6 record, but are 5-4 through nine games this season.
- Graduate student Pascual Trappe and junior Zach Galluzzo are tied for the team lead in goals with two apiece. Junior goalkeeper Robert Moewes has played every second of the season, recording a 1.12 goals against average with 38 saves. Moewes was named America East Goalkeeper of the Year in 2014.
- Galluzzo was named the America East Co-Player of the Week for the week ending Sept. 21 after scoring two goals with an assist in wins over Cornell and Siena.
- Despite finishing with a 4-15-1 overall record, Binghamton reached the America East semifinals last year for the first time since 2008 after a win over Stony Brook in the first round.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @Go_Bonnies and get men's soccer updates @BonniesMSoccer. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.