ST. BONAVENTURE (4-1, 2-1) at FORDHAM (1-3, 1-3)
Wednesday, Jan. 13 - 2:00 p.m.
Radio: Bonnies Basketball Network
Online Coverage: Live Stats | Live Audio | Live Video
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
St. Bonaventure travels to the Bronx to face in-state rival Fordham for a Wednesday matinee to begin a busy 48-hour period when they will play two conference games after being idle since last week.
- A win would give the Bonnies a 5-1 record and their best start since 2014-15 when the team began 6-1.
- Jaren Holmes had a game for the ages last time out with 38 points vs. Saint Joseph's. He set Atlantic 10 season highs in points, field goals made (14) and three-pointers made (8) in the outing with totals no other A-10 player has surpassed thus far this season. At 52 percent for the season, Holmes ranks second in the A-10 in 3-point percentage behind SLU's Javonte Perkins (54.8%).
- Redshirt junior forward Jalen Adaway leads the Atlantic 10 and ranks third in the nation in field goal percentage through five games by shooting 72 percent from the floor (26-for-36). Fordham's Joel Soriano ranks second in the A-10 at 68.2 percent. Adaway went 11-for-12 during last Wednesday's win over Saint Joseph's with a career-high 24 points.
- Kyle Lofton had just his second career game (in 70 games) in which he did not tally a single field goal last Wednesday vs. SJU (also at Fordham, 1/29/20). However, he still had a huge impact on the game, matching his career high of 11 assists and hauling in a career-high eight rebounds. The 11 assists are tied for the most by any A-10 player so far this year with Richmond's Jacob Gilyard (Dec. 9 vs. Northern Iowa).
- Bona currently stands No. 56 in the NET rankings. The Bonnies are 1-0 in Quadrant 1 following their win over Richmond (No. 58). Among A-10 teams, only Saint Louis (15) and VCU (46) are ranked higher. Rhode Island is No. 76 and Davidson No. 92.
The Bonnies face a quick and challenging turnaround as they return home to prepare for a Friday Night Showcase game on ESPN2 vs. Duquesne in the Reilly Center. Tip is scheduled for 7 p.m.