ST. BONAVENTURE (3-1, 1-1) vs. SAINT JOSEPH'S (0-7, 0-2)
Wednesday, Jan. 6 - 4:00 p.m.
Radio: Bonnies Basketball Radio Network
Online Coverage: Live Stats | Live Video | Live Audio
Complete Game Notes (PDF) | Digital Game Program (PDF)
OPENING TIP GAME NOTES
- The Bonnies are fresh off a thrilling road win, 69-66, at Richmond on Saturday. Kyle Lofton drained the game-winning three with 2.8 seconds to play to knock off the preseason A-10 favorites. Lofton enters Wednesday with 990 career points.
- Junior Jaren Holmes was questionable to play on Saturday after being limited to less than two minutes of action at Rhode Island due to a back injury. He showed no ill effects at Richmond, scoring a team-high 17 points for his best outing of the season.
- Osun Osunniyi hauled in a season-high 13 rebounds at Richmond. It was his 20th career game of double-figure rebounding and he stands 26th among all active Division I players with an 8.0 rebounds per game career average. His 2.56 blocks per game over his career ranks third among all active players.
- With Saturday's win, the Bonnies improved to 1-1 in conference. Prior to this year's loss in the A-10 opener at Rhode Island Dec. 30, SBU had won six of its previous seven conference openers. The last time they started 0-1 in the A-10, though, was 2018-19 when Bona reached the A-10 Championship Game. The Bonnies have not had an 0-2 A-10 start since 2012-13.
- After playing back-to-back road games to begin the A-10 slate, the Bonnies now begin a favorable stretch over the next two weeks where they will play four of the next five contests at the Reilly Center (vs. Saint Joseph's and GW this week and vs. Duquesne and Richmond Jan. 16 and 20 respectively). The lone road contest in the next two weeks will be a trip to Fordham Jan. 13.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get men's basketball updates @BonniesMBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.