ST. BONAVENTURE (1-0) vs. HOFSTRA (3-2)
Saturday, Dec. 19 - 2:00 p.m.
Radio: Bonnies Basketball Radio Network
Live Stats | Live Video | Live Audio
Complete Game Notes (PDF) | Virtual Gameday Program (PDF)
OPENING TIP NOTES
- Junior center Osun Osunniyi scored a career-best 25 points on 10-of-15 shooting in Tuesday's season-opener vs. Akron in Cleveland's Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse. It surpassed his previous best of 23 points tallied last year vs. Duquesne and was his third career game of 20 or more points as well as his 25th career contest with double-figure scoring.
- The Bonnies are looking to snap a three-game losing streak in home openers dating back to 2017. Included in that streak is a two-point heartbreaker vs. Niagara three years ago, an overtime setback vs. Bucknell two seasons ago and last year's opener vs. Ohio.
- Bona is seeking its first 2-0 start to a season since defeating South Dakota and Abilene Christian at home to begin the 2013-14 campaign.
- Junior point guard Kyle Lofton moved into the top-10 in program history for assists with his five helpers on Tuesday. Now with 318 assists in his career, he passed Rob Lanier '90 for 10th in SBU history (316).
- Bona never trailed in Tuesday's victory and led for over 39 minutes of game time.
- Tuesday's game marked the latest season opener for a Bonaventure team since opening Dec. 16, 1975, vs. Georgetown.
- In the 54-year history of the Reilly Center, Saturday will be the first game played without fans in attendance.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get men's basketball updates @BonniesMBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.