ST. BONAVENTURE (18-9, 10-4 A-10) vs. DUQUESNE (18-8, 8-6 A-10)
Wednesday, Feb. 26 - 7:00 p.m.
Online Coverage - Live Stats | Live Audio | Live Video
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
St. Bonaventure will try to keep its momentum rolling when it finishes up a three-game homestand by hosting Duquesne Wednesday night. The Bonnies claimed a huge victory this past weekend, taking over the third spot in the conference standings with a victory over Richmond which was receiving Top 25 votes prior to that clash. With just four games remaining in the regular season, St. Bonaventure can further establish a stronghold on a top-four spot in the league with a victory over the Dukes.
These two teams met less than three weeks ago in what was likely the most entertaining game of the year thus far, one that saw the Bonnies capture an 83-80 victory outside Pittsburgh.
- The month of February has been very good to St. Bonaventure. Since 2016, the Bonnies are 31-8 in February and have won 19 of the past 22 games during the month. The Bonnies have not lost back-to-back February games in five years and kept that streak alive by never trailing and holding off Richmond, 75-71, Saturday.
- With the win over Richmond, SBU took over third place in the A-10 standings at 10-4 by way of the head-to-head tiebreaker over UR.
- Osun Osunniyi is shooting an A-10 best 66.3 percent from the floor during A-10 play. Kyle Lofton ranks second in the league from beyond the arc at 44.7 percent.
- Dominick Welch posted his fifth double-double of the year Saturday (16 points, 12 rebounds). He did not have a single double-double as a freshman. His 7.8 rebounds per game in A-10 action ranks seventh among all league players.
- With last weekend's win, the Bonnies have six straight years of double-digit wins in A-10 play, the longest active streak in the conference. In the previous five years, Bona has averaged 12 A-10 wins per season.
18 – SBU has reached 18 victories in a season for the seventh straight year.
ATLANTIC 10 ACES
The Bonnies have matched their best 14-game A-10 mark, equaling the 1982-83 squad at 10-4, where that team finished the season (the Bonnies joined the A-10, then known as the Eastern 8, for the 1979-80 season). Two years ago, the Bonnies also stood at 10-4 on the way to the NCAA Tournament and SBU was also at 10-4 in 2015-16 when the team earned a share of the league's regular season crown. With this year's 10-4 record, the Bonnies now have a .683 winning percentage (71-33) in A-10 play since 2014-15.
The Bonnies have just three more regular season games remaining after Wednesday and just one more at home. SBU faces each of the A-10's Philadelphia members - LaSalle Saturday on the road and Saint Joseph's March 4 at home - before traveling to Saint Louis to wrap up the season slate March 7.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get men's basketball updates @BonniesMBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.