ST. BONAVENTURE (12-6, 4-1 A-10) at #7 DAYTON (16-2, 5-0 A-10)
Wednesday, Jan. 22 - 7:00 p.m.
Online Coverage: Live Stats | Live Video | Live Audio
TV: CBS Sports Network | Radio: Bonnies Basketball Radio Network
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
St. Bonaventure matched its school record for best start in Atlantic 10 play by winning its first four conference games - and its reward is facing three of the league's best teams over the next week. The Bonnies started that guantlet last Saturday with a disappointing setback at VCU, now travel to nationally-ranked Dayton Wednesday before finally returning home to face Rhode Island this Saturday at the Reilly Center.
- 6.5 - Kyle Lofton is averaging 6.5 assists per game this year and is the only A-10 player averaging better than six assists per contest.
- 10.2 - St. Bonaventure ranks third in the A-10 by committing just 10.2 turnovers per game in conference play including single digit turnovers in the past two contests (9 at VCU, 7 vs. UMass).
- 11-0 - St. Bonaventure is 11-0 this season when Osun Osunniyi plays at least 18 minutes.
- 17 - Kyle Lofton had scored at least 17 points in five straight games prior to Saturday at VCU.
- 40% - For the season, freshman Alejandro Vasquez is shooting 40% from 3, ranking sixth in the A-10.
- 61.7 - Bona has allowed just 61.7 points per game on average to opponents, ranking third among all A-10 teams.
- 90 - Prior to this past Saturday, the Bonnies had not surrendered 90 points in regulation since a 90-74 setback vs. Dayton Jan. 3, 2017.
|#17/18 Buffalo||12/8/18||H||L, 80-62|
|#14/16 Rhode Island||2/16/18||H||W, 77-74|
|#13/15 Dayton||2/20/16||A||W, 79-72|
|#18/18 VCU||2/7/15||H||W, 73-71|
|#18/17 Saint Louis||3/14/14||N||W, 71-68|
|#21/19 UMass||1/29/14||H||W, 78-65|
- St. Bonaventure is 9-1 in games where it has a fully healthy roster this year.
- Bona is 11-1 when it has Osun Osunniyi available for a full game - though he was limited to 17 minutes at Buffalo due to foul trouble. The team is 11-0 when Osunniyi plays 18 or more minutes.
- Three of Bona's five losses are by five points or fewer - setbacks vs. Vermont, Canisius and Buffalo came by a combined 11 points and just one of those, an 84-79 decision at Buffalo Dec. 30, came with its regular lineup all available - though on that night Osunniyi was limited to 17 minutes due to foul trouble.
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get men's basketball updates @BonniesMBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.