ST. BONAVENTURE (12-5, 4-0 A-10) at VCU (12-5, 2-2 A-10)
Saturday, Jan. 18 - 2:00 p.m.
Online Coverage - Live Stats | Live Video | Live Audio
TV: CBS Sports Network | Radio: Bonnies Basketball Network
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
- St. Bonaventure has matched the school record for best start in Atlantic 10 play by winning its first four conference games - and its reward is facing three of the league's best teams over the next week. The Bonnies start that guantlet this Saturday at VCU before traveling to nationally-ranked Dayton Wednesday and then finally returning home to face Rhode Island Jan. 25.
- The Bonnies are one of the nation's hottest teams, having won 11 of their last 12 games since starting the year 1-4 down two starters as Osun Osunniyi and Jaren English were both sidelined by injury.
- Bona has been a group of road warriors as of late - the Bonnies are in the midst of a stretch of just one game on home court between Dec. 18 and Jan. 25. Included in the 4-0 A-10 start are two road wins (at GW, at George Mason) and another on a neutral court over UMass this past Wednesday in Rochester, approximately two hours from campus.
- Kyle Lofton ranks sixth in the league by averaging 17.5 ppg in A-10 play thus far, adding 6.5 apg.
- Four Bonnies are averaging in double figures in A-10 play - along with Lofton, Jaren English (14.0 ppg), Bobby Planutis (10.0 ppg) and Osun Osunniyi (10.0 ppg, 11.0 rpg).
|2015-16||4-0||14-4||NIT (A-10 regular season co-champs)|
|1999-2000||4-0||11-5||NCAA 1st Round (2nd A-10 East)|
|Scoring defense||55.0 ppg||1st|
|Opp. FG. Pct||.354||1st|
For the latest news on St. Bonaventure athletics, stay connected on social media. Follow the Bonnies on Twitter @GoBonnies and get men's basketball updates @BonniesMBB. Keep up with the Bonnies on Facebook /GoBonnies and on Instagram @GoBonnies.