ST. BONAVENTURE (11-5, 3-0 A-10) vs. UMASS (7-9, 1-2 A-10)
Wednesday, Jan. 15 - 7:00 p.m.
Rochester, N.Y. - Blue Cross Arena
Online Coverage - Live Stats | Live Video | Live Audio
TV: ESPN+ | Radio: Bonnies Basketball Radio Network
Complete Game Notes (PDF)
BONNIES MAKE ANNUAL TRIP TO ROCHESTER WEDNESDAY
- St. Bonaventure heads to its home away from home – Blue Cross Arena in Rochester as the Bonnies play host to UMass in the Alesco Advisors Roc City Hoops Classic. The Bonnies have won six straight games at Blue Cross Arena and will be making their 27th appearance all-time in Rochester. In all, Bona is 14-12 all-time in the Flower City.
- Bona is one of the hottest teams in the nation, having won 10 of its last 11 games after a 1-4 start to the season.
- The Bonnies are off to a 3-0 start in Atlantic 10 play for just the third time in program history, joining the 2015-16 and 1999-2000 teams. Both of those clubs started the year at 4-0 overall in conference action, which is the program record for best start to the A-10 slate. SBU defeated UMass as part of both 4-0 starts previously in program history.
- SBU is one of just three remaining undefeated teams in the Atlantic 10 standings, joining Duquesne (4-0) and Dayton (3-0).
- Osun Osunniyi is averaging 11.3 points and 13.7 rebounds in three A-10 games while Kyle Lofton is averaging 17.0 points and 6.7 assists in Bona's A-10 slate thus far.
To purchase tickets for the game in advance, click here
- The Minutemen kicked off the 2019-20 campaign with five straight wins, but have lost nine of their last 11 games, falling to 7-9 on the season.
- UMass enters Wednesday night after taking an 88-60 setback against Dayton, dropping the Minutemen to 1-2 in conference play.
- UMass currently ranks seventh in the conference offensively, averaging 71.4 points per game. Defensively, they are the second worst team in the league with opponents scoring an average of 72.6 points per game.
- The Minutemen rank last in the A-10 with a -5.1 rebounding margin, but from beyond the arc, UMass sits in third in field goal percentage (36.6%).
- A trio of scorers lead the team offensively with freshman center Tre Mitchell sitting atop the stat sheet, averaging 14.8 points per contest. Freshman and junior guards T.J. Weeks and Carl Pierre are close behind with 14.7 and 14.3 average points per game, respectively.
|2015-16||4-0||14-4||NIT (A-10 regular season co-champs)|
|1999-2000||4-0||11-5||NCAA 1st Rd. (2nd A-10 East)|
- St. Bonaventure ranks fourth in the Atlantic 10 (and 39th nationally) by allowing 61.8 points per game this year, but that number drops to 53.0 ppg allowed in three A-10 games which is second-best in the league during conference play.
- Bona has allowed under 50 points in back-to-back games (49 at George Mason, 44 vs. Fordham) for the first time since the opening two games of the 2013-14 season (46 vs. South Dakota, 47 vs. Abilene Christian). In all, the Bonnies have surrendered 50 points or fewer four times this year, allowing 45 vs. Hofstra and 50 vs. Gannon.